Chapter Two - Angry, Confused, and Worried

WC : 440

"Seriously Grian?" Gem spun around after sending the stranger with Bdubs, "What were you thinking? He could be a thief, a maniac, or worse a spy!"

"Look I'm sorry, he was being chased by guards, if I hadn't brought him here they would've found him again. I won't do it again but he needed help."

"I'm not going to get through to you right now, Gem sighed. "Just get out, I'll deal with you later." She waved her hand toward the door.  She watched as Grian sighed, shooting her an apologetic glance before shutting the door behind him. Gem sunk down into the closest chair, a leather armchair and put her head in her hands rubbing her temples. She was so pissed with Grian, he was a troublemaker through and through, always pranking the rest of the council and causing chaos. She always looked over his shenanigans, he was basically her brother, she had grown up with his trickster tendencies. Blatantly going against custom and bringing some random stranger into a hideout though, that was something she couldn't ignore. She didn't know what she was going to do with him but she would make Grian understand why the rules are important. Right now she would have to deal with the stranger Grian brought with him.

...

"Hey, I don't know where I am but I'm sorry if I did something wrong," Mumbo apologised. The man he was following gave no response, not even a glance over his shoulder. "I'm so sorry, I can leave... If I'm causing problems," He tried again. Mumbo had no clue where he was going, they could be planning to kill him, maybe he had stumbled into some underground mafia and he's seen too much. These people matched the descriptions from the books he'd read, a secret organization obviously working against the law. He could have just traded one death for another by following Grian. "Please don't kill me," he whispered quietly, that gained a single chuckle from his escort.

After what felt like ages of walking his escort stopped in front of a small door, his body blocked Mumbo's view but he could hear the man punch a few numbers into a keypad. After a short chime, the door slid open, "wait here," they guard huffed before shoving him in. The room was small, decorated by a white cot, a chair, and a table. The walls were a cement grey and a small window was cut into the top of the wall. The room was a cell, they were going to keep him in a cell until someone would come. To explain, kill, or interrogate him, maybe all three.

Dear Reader,

Who would have known that writing was so time consuming? I wrote half of this chapter while dyeing my hair magenta, then I deleted half of it and wrote the remainder over an hour long car ride.

With warm regards, 

Star (She/They)