"W-what?" She stuttered, suddenly coming back to reality as a light coat of pink tinted her cheeks and neck. Her red dress suddenly seeming like a complementary hue to her darkening skin. "N-no. Why would you think that? That's just ridiculous."

"Umm, you happened to be staring at the spot he parked at and drove off of for a while." I forced myself to giggle even as the forced laugh threatened to squeeze my vocal cords until they were crisp.

"No, it's not like that," She sighed, as she slowly gathered herself. "It's just that, I know that man and he's always been nice but distant. Seeing him dropping you off surprised me is all. In fact, I'd say it was a bit out of character for him, I think. I don't know."

Her words slowly calmed the beast of emotions inside of me as I took her words into perspective even though her description of him didn't quite fit him at all. Nolan is a kind man, and I guess it's normal for him not to drop people off everyday.

"Oh." I smiled a genuine smile this time.

"Yeah," She smiled as she tucked a stray and of hair behind her ear. Her long brunette curls were pulled into a beautiful, messy bun this morning and there was only a trace of mascara and eyeliner on her features. Her lips were lightly shining with lip balm and her ears were void of earrings, but she looked as beautiful as always. "Anyway, how are you feeling about out last class of the week and our first class of communication today?"

I let out an exaggerated sigh at her question but smiled at her afterwards.

"I'm a bit enthusiastic about our first lecture. I hope it's interesting though," I honestly replied as I pulled my bag in front of me and pulled out my student card so I could scan it on the card machine. With one quiet beep, I was able to push past the revolving door and  walk into the campus. A few seconds later, I was joined by Melanie and before long, we were walking into the cool buildings and heading towards our lecture venue which was coincidentally at the same venue as our shared Psychology lecture.

"Do you know what you'll be majoring in yet for 3rd year?" She asked as we walked up the ramp that led to the section where our lecture hall was located.

"I'm not sure yet to be honest, I guess I'll just see with time. What about you?" I asked as we took a turn left and walked down the short flight of stairs.

"Same." She groaned as I opened the door into the quite cool room.

"How's Politics treating you?" I asked with a very curious raised eyebrow.

"The lecturer is so strict I'm scared for my life," She dramatically shivered as we walked down the stairs and got into the second row at the bottom and sat down. "But the content seems very promising." She happily squealed.

"I'm glad to hear that." I smiled, just as the person I assume to be the lecturer stopped connected his laptop to the system and projected the slides on the projector. I enthusiastically pulled out my notebook and pen and faced the front just as Melanie did the same thing.

Before long, slides appeared in front of us from the projector as we looked at the middle aged woman who wore a warm smile.

"Good Morning, Everyone! My name is Prof Peterson and I will be your lecturer for this cours....." She began.

My mind however decided to not focus on her for a second as an unsettling feeling settled into my being. A feeling that made me worry. It felt like something was wrong at this exact moment. Something I couldn't pinpoint, but something nonetheless.