Chapter 25 - It had always been you... and always will be

Aria gathered herself to call her manager to check if there was anything left in her schedule so she could go home and bury herself between her sheets. All she wanted was to take a break from the world and everything.

Her manager told her that he'd be there in half an hour and she said, "Great! Now what can I do until he arrives?"

She took her bag went to the toilet to freshen up again and on her way back to the rehearsal room to wait for her manager, she saw Ace. "Aria, you look so pale, are you okay?" She told him what happened and told him about Tae, "And you let him go? I didn't know you're a quitter."

She looked at Ace and told him, "I think this time I will be

She looked at Ace and told him, "I think this time I will be. If you saw Tae's eyes you would know that he gave up on us already. If you saw him kissing that girl and by the way, it hurts like hell!" Ace then replied, "You know that's not true! Tae will never give up on the one and only girl he ever loved, you've been through worse Aria, and you overcame every storm, every obstacle. Don't give up just yet and we both know why Tae kissed that girl."

She told him, "I'm tired, so tired...I just want to sleep and I want the world to be quiet." Ace joked, "You mean, you want me to shut up?" She smiled and nudged him with her elbow, "No, not you, silly. The world." Then she added, "Thank you Ace for being there for me, despite everything I've done to you and Luna." He interrupted her and said, "Shush, that's all in the past, now you have our back." She smiled and said, "Thank you, I'll go first. See you around."

She was wandering around the agency to kill time

She was wandering around the agency to kill time. She passed by the rehearsal room where Tae usually practiced and she stood on the glass looking inside. Aria saw Tae resting his head on Bambi's leg, his eyes closed, his headphones on his head, and he seemed lost in music or his thoughts, she couldn't tell. Bambi raised his head and wanted to yell her name when she put her finger on her mouth to hush him. He nodded smiling and let Aria stand there looking at Tae, and whispered, "My man." She sighed and then said to herself, "I still call him my man and I will always do... I know that he's not mine anymore." She couldn't move from there, because all she wanted was to keep looking at him afraid if she just moved her face away he would disappear.

Tae moved on the floor and Aria was startled because she didn't want him to see her standing there looking at him from across the room. But he did. He saw her standing there and he held his heart. "What should I do Bambi? I can't see her like this, it's breaking my heart. And if we come back again together she will do the same things she always does, not trusting me and not letting me love her unconditionally. She will always think that I'm lying and that she will keep thinking that there's someone else, always." Bambi looked at him and told him, "Go after her, but in baby steps, you don't have to get back together, just give yourself both a chance to trust each other again. I can't believe you're still here. Go!"

Tae said, "I trust her

Tae said, "I trust her. She doesn't." "Then earn her trust! I know you did everything you could, but this time, try harder and stop yelling at each other both of you! Aren't you tired of tabloids and scandals? Now get up and go after her."

Tae stood up and he saw that Aria disappeared. She's not there anymore. "Shit!" Bambi pushed him, "Go! She's still close, go run after her." He put the headphones on the floor and started running and he saw her next to the lift; Tae stopped to hold his breath and then shouted, "Aria."

She turned her eyes to him, breathing heavily and appearing tired, trying to fake a smile but failing miserably, and asked, "Are you okay?" "No, I'm not. Don't leave." She glanced at him, confused, wondering what was going on in his thoughts and why he suddenly decided he didn't want her to leave.

She stood in front of him and told him, "Tae?" He looked at her then he wrapped his arms around her. She said his name once again and started weeping. He cried with her and told her, "You became a crybaby." He chuckled and held her even tighter.

"Let's be friends," He said. She pushed him away and said, "Friends?" "I want you to give me a chance to prove to you that I am a good person and that I never cheated on you and never will... not in a million years Aria. I want you to see all that before taking me back again. I don't want to be with you knowing that you are doubting me even a little." She came closer, hugged him, and told him, "I will do better." He sighed and replied, "I will do better."