Series 1: Episode one

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"The only good thing that has come out of this is that I met you"

In which Frankie Laurier has to learn to survive in an unforgiving, cruel word.

•—•—•—•—•

The camp wasn't all bad. Sure it didn't come close to Frankie's previous life at all. He was always on edge and in fear of his life but most were in this world. He had made some new friends Carl, who he had decided wasn't as annoying as he was first thought to be.

Dale the voice of reason in this group. The one man stopping them all from falling apart. Daryl, the one who was teaching Frankie how to hunt. Shane,the one who was teaching him how to shoot and defend himself, and Glenn his new best friend.

He and Glenn got along well due to their similar sense in humor and laidback personality. He was the only one who made it a little more bearable to be in the camp. His mum was still completely out of it. He only saw her during meals and when she walked down with the rest of the women to the quarry to wash clothes. His dad on the other hand was always going on runs but when he got back his sole attention was on his son. Jayden. He was still nowhere to be seen.

His mum assumed he was dead. His dad was certain he was dead and Frankie. Well Frankie was still holding on hope. He knew his brother he was strong he could survive. Hopefully.

The usual run group had gone out however they had been gone longer than usual for some reason. Needless to say he was worried but he had trust in them to do what they needed to do.

Frankie was sat on top of Dale's RV reading while the older man sat there with his rifle occasionally peering down to what the boy sitting next to him was doing.

"You okay there son?" He attempted to make conversation with him. Frankie had opened up a lot the past few months they had been there. At first he was quiet and shy but now he was slowly turning back into his old self. Personality wise at least.

He hummed in response glancing up at the man "doing good, nearly finished this book though unfortunately." Dale had been lending him books from his RV since they first met. He said education was still important, which is also why he was doing maths with the Grimes and Sophia from time to time.

"If I knew there would be a zombie apocalypse happening I probably would've packed better books. Sorry Frankie" they both chuckled and the boy stood up slowly walking to the ladder. "I'm going to find Shane, I have aiming practice to do."

The smile on Dale's face faltered, Frankie assumed it was either to do with the fact a 12 year old was leaning to shoot a gun or the fact he didn't like Shane. Either of which would be reasonable but he was still going to do it. He nodded and then Frankie took it as his cue to start descending the ladder. When he jumped to the floor he made his way to the woods smiling and waving towards people who walked past him.