Manta

Kinec sat on the short, soft grass as she played soft notes on her harp. She had no song in particular to play, and she grew tired of usual music sheets. No matter how many times she tried, she couldn't play certain songs as fast as your supposed to. So, after her third attempt at playing a particularly hard song, she stormed out of her "practice cave". Trying to find something to do, she ended up at the sanctuary islands, a lovely place to visit when you want to be alone. At least it usually is.

And here she is now, playing random notes in hope of finding inspiration.

"Maybe if I play... this one, then that... that doesn't sound right either" she grumbled

Kinec puts the harp on her back and flops down on her belly. Laying on the warm green grass she closes her golden eyes and listens to the whistling wind. "No song to play, no quest to do. But I don't want to go home." With a sigh she stands up and takes off into the sky, flying around the island until her light runs out. Kinec let's herself glide down to the beach but before she can get far a flock of mantas surround her.

To her surprise some of the manta follow her, refueling her light. She smiles and begins to follow the flock as they head down to the water. She has no trouble keeping up as they fly down, but then the mantas go up at a sharp angle to avoid hitting a cliff. Kinec struggles to keep up and gets left behind on the cliff. She watches as they fly into the clouds, loop back around and head back to the water. "They fly in a circle!" Kinec prepares herself and as they reach the cliff she jumps up and follows them into the sky.

She tries quite a few times before she figures out a way to fly up the cliff with the mantas. And once she does she happily follows them as they loop around the island, never running out of light. She doesn't know why, but this is now one of her favorite things to do when she's bored.