We're like Sisters

Months ago Kinec ran into a moth. Which isn't that uncommon, but something was... different about this one. It was like they already knew each other. No candles needed to be shared before they could speak and be understood by the other. Kinec immediately tucked the moth under her wing. She showed her everything in the prairie, her favorite spots, and every spirit. The moth came along happily, making jokes and marveling at the beauty of everything. But it wasn't long before she took the lead instead. Taking Kinec's hand and taking off towards the temple.

Kinec soon learned that this moth was adventurous, but not the same way Kinec was. She didn't want to explore every nook and cranny, she wanted to see something new and exciting. So Kinec showed her to the Hidden Forest, which the moth got bored of quickly.
"It's pretty and all... but I want to see the snowy place you mentioned!" The moth exclaimed, tugging Kinec's cape instead of listening to Kinec list the many places to look at in the woods.

So they went to the Valley of Triumph. Kinec didn't want to show her the next world but luckily the moth was having fun learning to skate on the ice. So they stayed there for a long time, skating and doing tricks. Racing and playing like kids. It was fun and oddly familiar. The moth proudly declared herself the queen of skating after they raced to the temple. Kinec offered to do the flying race, but the moth refused.
"I can hardly keep up with you when we're flying separately! I'll just stick to skating" the moth shrugged

They end up sitting at home, Kinec showing her new close friend her capes and asking what the moth would want to look like in the future.

But the moth was disinterested. She instead asked about the adventures Kinec had. They talked for hours. About the funny things, Kinec had seen and done. About the scary places like the Wasteland and Eden. The moth was afraid of the Krilli, just like Kinec.
"I don't want to go to Eden if I lose all my light! Why would I even need to go?"

"You'll need to go if you want ascended candles, and you need those to get the purple cape you wanted," Kinec explains

"... could you go with me then? When I do have to go to Eden?" She asks

"Of course! If I hadn't had help my first time I probably wouldn't have made it through."

"Thank you."

By the time the sun starts to set the moth says she needs to leave. Kinec hugs her goodbye and reminds her to think of a name while she's away. After the moth leaves, Kinec thinks back on their interactions. It was like they knew each other before. Like they were best friends their whole lives.
They acted like sisters.

~ this is how I think Kinec would react to my cousin when she first played with me. We act more like sisters and are very close. As soon as she joined and got to the prairie I was there showing her around. She doesn't play as often as I do but when she does play we goof around in the Valley of Triumph. She has yet to name her adventurous little sky kid, but for the time being let's just call her Jelly. One of my cousin's favorite things to do is play with jellyfish in the starlight desert, similar to how I love following Manta flocks around.~