V: THE GANG

Quinn walked up the stairs to Tristan and Aria's apartment, for some reason worrying. She knocked on the door and waited patiently, until Tristan answered the door. "Why is your house so dark?" Quinn asked as she walked in.

"Sets the mood," Tristan replied. Quinn then noticed everyone else was also here, waving at them slightly awkwardly as she sat down next to Evelyn.

"I like your shirt," Evelyn said.

"Thanks," Quinn smiled. It was awkward.

Quim didn't mind, though. As bitchy as it sounds, she didn't see herself being friends with these people for that long, she just needed them to stop being weird.

"Quinn," Aria said, grabbing the remote, "Favourite film?"

"I don't know, Coraline?" Quinn said. She wasn't really sure. It wasn't something she'd thought about.

Aria put on the movie, but they mainly spoke through the whole thing. Quinn spoke mostly to Evelyn, since they'd both joined the group later than everyone else.

"Hey, Quinn?" Evelyn whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a boyfriend or anything?"

"No, why?"

"No reason. Just getting to know you. What about a crush?"

"I don't think so."

"You don't think so?"

"There's this guy. Tyler, the one I work with. I don't know if it's a crush, or maybe it's just because he's my first real friend. Probably the second one, but."

"Oh, that's cute."

"How'd you know you liked Brady?"

"I don't know, to be honest. I didn't realise I really liked him until he asked me out, but there'd been a few other things. I noticed I'd look at him different to Tristan and Mason, and I'd always wanna be around him. Like, I'd be upset if we were in the same room and not next to each other."

"Hm. I guess I don't really feel like that with Tyler."

"You never know. Hey, maybe you could feel like that with someone else."

"Maybe."

The day wasn't as bad as Quinn thought it would be

The day wasn't as bad as Quinn thought it would be. Everyone managed to make it through the awkwardness and properly introduced themselves later on. Quinn became closest with Tatum, which was easy considering they were the only two giles their age.

She'd decided that, even though she didn't intend on being their friend at first, she was gonna stick around now. They weren't as bad as she'd expected.

She walked through the door, being thankful to see that Wren was still sleeping, then headed to her room, receiving a text from Tristan.

private messages

TRISTAN
you decided if we're weird yet?

QUINN
maybe

TRISTAN
and what's the verdict

QUINN
you totally are
but
i guess i can stick around🙄

TRISTAN
oh you love us
does this mean i can add you
to our gc🤞🤞🤞

QUINN
go ahead

the best📞

TRISTAN added QUINN

QUINN
weird name

TRISTAN
it was the best cast
but the evelyn joined

TAY
HI QUINNY

QUINN
HI😜😜😜

EVELYN
HI QUINN

MASON
guys this is so exciting

MIGUEL
i bet

TAY
LOOOOOL

MASON
what

BRADY
anyway😁
hi quinn

Quinn was confused at Miguel and Tatum, but ignored it, getting into her pyjamas before cooking her dinner. Wren never cooked, so she had to learn to cook herself. She was terrible at it.

She sat down on the sofa chair, opposite where her brother was sleeping, scrolling through her phone. Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door.

She answered it to see Tyler outside. "I know you said you weren't gonna smoke with me, but the whole hate train's died down now, so?"

"I'm about to eat," Quinn rolled her eyes.

"Doesn't look like it," Tyler said, pointing into her kitchen, which was now filled with smoke. Quinn wafted away the smoke and took her dinner out the oven. Tyler was right, she was not about to eat.

She scoffed and welcomed Tyler in. They headed to her bedroom and sat on the roof, which was accesible through her bedroom window. "No fake fans are gonna find us up here," Quinn joked.

"How are your new friends?" Tyler asked.

"I like them."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I thought they'd be weird at first. Well, not weird, just nothing like me, but they weren't. I really like Tatum."

"And the boys?"

"What about them?"

"Any that, like, caught your eye?"

"God, Tyler. I've known them a day, I'm not gonna end up with a crush that fast. Plus, I already have my sights set on someone."

"Really?"

"I think. I don't know. It's so confusing."

Tyler leaned in. "Can I make it less confusing?"

author speaks
omg drama. i don't like this chapter but oh well.