VIII: YOU'RE PULLING

"Mason, wake up," Quinn said. It was only early, and she felt bad for waking him, but she needed a drink.

"What? Why? It's, like, eight o'clock," Mason said, slowly opening his eyes.

"I know. I'm really sorry, but I'm thirsty."

"Fine."

Mason sat up as Quinn headed to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. "You want anything?" She asked.

"No, I'm alright."

"When does everyone else usually wake up?"

"I don't know, they're lazy. We should watch something."

"Like?"

"I don't know. It's October soon, what about a horror film?"

"At eight in the morning?"

"What's up with that?"

"Nothing. Just a little odd."

"You're a little odd." Quinn frowned. "In a good way."

"Whatever," Quinn sat down on the couch, "Put what you want on."

Mason put a film on, Quinn wasn't paying attention. She scrolled on her phone, looking on Wren's Instagram to see what he was doing. Of course, he'd been in a bar the night before, and was probably hungover right now.

She found herself growing tired again, and eventually drifted off to sleep, her head falling onto Mason's shoulder. He tensed up for a second, before wrapping his arm around her.

"God, Mason, you're pulling," Miguel said as he walked into the living room, seeing the two on the couch, Quinn still fast asleep

"Or she's just tired. Shut up, you're gonna wake her," Mason said.

"Well, she needs to be awake, we're going to the mall."

Miguel went back into the guest room, and Mason tapped Quinn gently in the shoulder to wake her. She was a surprisingly light sleeper. "We're going to the mall," he told her.

"Do I have to come?" Quinn asked.

"No, but everyone wants you to," Mason said. She pulled a face. "I want you to."

"Fine," Quinn said, getting up to change in the bathroom.

When Quinn came out of the bathroom, everyone was already waiting for her. "You take longer than Aria to get ready," Tristan said. Aria smacked him on the shoulder.

"It's not my fault I have to look good," Quinn said.

"You look good either way," Mason said, "Lets go."

Quinn smiled at his compliment, following everyone out the door. Aria walked next to Quinn. "You know, I think Mason's into you."

"Don't be stupid."

"Have you seen the way he looks at you, Quinn?"

"He looks at everyone else the same. I think you guys are just making something out of nothing because you want him to get a girlfriend."

"I'm serious."

"So am I, Ari. I'm flattered that you think someone could like me after such a short amount of time, but, not possible."

"Evelyn and Brady started dating not long after meeting."

"That's different."

"How so?"

"It just is."

"Fine, whatever you say."

When they made it to the mall, Quinn instantly noticed someone sat near the fountain. "Shit," she said.

"What's up?" Brady asked her.

"Tyler."

"It's fine," Evelyn said, "Just walk past him, he can't do shit. He's probably stoned."

"Eve, let me hide behind you, you're tall."

"God, Quinn, don't be a pussy. It's not like he's scary, he's just an ass."

Quinn ignored Evelyn and hid behind her anyway. Unfortunately, she was still noticed. "Quinn!" Tyler called out. She tried her best to ignore him, but he came over. "Can we talk?" He asked.

"No, Tyler, we can't," Quinn said, attempting to walk away. Tyler grabbed her wrist. Not aggressively, but he grabbed her anyway, which was enough to make Mason mad.

"She said she doesn't wanna talk, Tyler," Mason said.

"And who are you to get involved?" Tyler asked.

"Someone who'll beat your ass if you don't back off."

Tyler clenched his jaw, but let Quinn go and went back to his other friends. "Would you actually beat his ass?" Quinn asked.

"I doubt I'd be able to, but I'd try."

"Maybe you shouldn't try. Wouldn't want you getting hurt. Plus, if you got beat up, it'd be a huge ick."

"I thought you had to like someone to get the ick."

"I mean an ick for other girls, not me. Don't twist my words."

"Sorry."

authors note
another chapter that i don't like but oh well🙄