I: HELLO BOSTON

"Spray painting on the side of your school? Quinn Ann Perkins! I knew you were bad, but never did I ever expect you to go this far," Quinn's mother reamed, "I cant believe I had to spend my money to keep your ass out of juvie! You have seriously disappointed me."

Quinn had been caught spray painting on her school. She'd wrote 'fuck this school' in big pink letting, surrounding by yellow stars and hearts. She found it funny. No one else did. She'd been caught by the police, and her mother has to pay them so she wouldn't be sent to juvie. Her parents were embarrassed, to say the least.

"Honey," her father said to her mother, "I think this is the final straw."

"The final straw?" Quinn asked.

"I agree," Quinn's mother said, "Quinn, you're going to stay with your brother in Boston."

"What? That's a pretty long drive to stay the night," Quinn said, cluelessly.

"No, Quinn," her father said, "You won't just be staying the night. You'll be staying for, well, forever. You're almost eighteen. You'd be moving out soon, anyway. Your brother is the perfect example of the child we want you to be, we really think he can straighten you out."

Quinn was taken aback. Everything she'd ever done for her parents attention had completely backfired. Now she would have no chance to get their attention. Instead, she'd have to put up with her snob of a brother.

She tried her best to hide her sadness. "Okay, I'll go pack my shit," she said, rolling her eyes and heading upstairs.

The next day, Quinn arrived at her brother's house, where a room was already set up

The next day, Quinn arrived at her brother's house, where a room was already set up. It was boring, she'd definitely be redecorating. "There's this group of kids who like to hang out around here sometimes, I think they're around your age," her brother, Wren, said.

"And?" She asked, unzipping her suitcase and unloading the contents onto her bed.

"I was thinking you could make friends with them. They seem nice."

"Don't care. I don't wanna make friends. I wanna get myself straightened out so I can get out of here."

"No matter how hard you try, Quinn, they won't take you bag. You could become as straight as a ruler and still be stuck with me. Our parents never wanted kids, they saw the whole vandalism thing as the perfect way to get rid of you."

"You're lying."

"I wish I was, baby sis. Let me know if you need help unpacking."

Quinn say down on the bed. He was lying. Right? Her parents may not have shown her much attention, but they still loved her, didn't they?

She felt tears fill in her eyes and quickly blinked them away, not wanting to be weak. She hadn't been weak in a while, she'd barely cried over the past few years, and she wasn't going to start now, especially not because of Wes.

Once all of her stuff was packed into her drawers, she decided to go to the mall in hopes of finding things to redecorate her room. She definitely needed new bed sheets to replace the plain white ones Wes had used.

It was a pretty long walk to the mall, and Quinn got lost a few times, but at least she got to see a bit of the area. When she finally got there, she notices a group of kids sat near the big water fountain. Maybe they were the ones Wes was talking about.

She ignored them. She had no interest in them. But they'd taken an interest in her. Especially one boy in particular.

"Have you guys seen her before?" Brady asked

"No," Tatum replied, "Maybe she just moved here. We should ask to be friends."

They began to discuss the new girl, but Mason stayed quiet, still staring at the girl despite the fact she was fairly far away by now. "Mason," Miguel said, "You're staring."

"My bad," Mason said, shaking his head and looking away from the girl.

"Oh my God," Tristan said, "Maybe Mason will finally get a girlfriend."

"Shut up."

"Guys, we can't just go up and ask some ransomed to be our friend," Aria said.

"Yeah we can," Maddy said.

"Yeah," Becca agreed.

"That's what I did with Evelyn," Brady said, wrapping his arm around his girlfriends shoulders, "And look at us now."

"She seems nice enough," Evelyn said.

Little did Evelyn know, looks could be deceiving.