III: SHE'S COOL

authors note
stacy is quinn and tylers boss and also tylers aunt. thought i should clarify before we start bc she's mentioned in this chapter and may be mentioned in future chapters too

"Are you sure your brother's asleep?" Tyler asked Quinn. He stood at the bottom of her window, waiting to catch her as she jumped out. She'd snuck out before, but she'd never actually used the window.

Usually, she'd use the door, but Tyler had brought his car, and might have caught Wren's attention if he parked it out front. "It's six, he's always asleep at this time. Stop focusing on that and focus on not letting me break all my bones," Quinn said as she just out of the window, successfully landing in Tyler's arms.

"You're not as heavy as I thought," Tyler said, putting her down.

"What's that meant to mean?"

Tyler ignored her, laughing as he rolled his eyes. Quinn laughed, too, making it obvious that she was joking. As soon as she got into Tyler's car, her nose was hit with a smell. "Holy fuck, what is that?" She asked, covering her nose.

"Chill, I smoke in here," Tyler said.

"That does not smell like tabaco."

"I know."

"Oh," Quinn said, her eyes widening in realisation.

"Are you, like, against that?" Tyler asked.

"No, no. Do what you need to do."

"I'll give you free blunts for you not to tell Stacy."

"I don't need a hush blunt, Tyler, I wouldn't snitch on you."

"Do you still want one, though?"

"That new girl," Tristan said, "I found her on TikTok

"That new girl," Tristan said, "I found her on TikTok. She's, like, famous. And really cool."

He sent the link to their group chat. "She's pretty," Tatum said.

"Had we not already established that?"

"I feel weird. It feels like we're stalking her," Miguel said.

"We are," Aria replied, "In a non-weird way."

"Can you stalk someone in a non-weird way?" Becca asked.

"No," said Brady, "We're being totally weird. Why don't we just go back to the coffee shop and strike up a conversation. Try and catch her when she's on break."

"Or we could leave her alone," Maddy said.

"No. She's part of our group now," Tristan said.

"You guys are so weird."

Evelyn and Mason hadn't joined in the whole conversation. That was because Mason was staring at his phone, and Evelyn was staring at Mason. She peaked over his shoulder to see what he was looking at, and he was scrolling through Quinn's TikTok.

"Okay, stalker," Evelyn whispered to him.

"Shut up," Mason whispered back, putting his phone in his pocket and joining the conversation, which had now changed subject.

"Why have I never done this before?" Quinn said, handing the joint back to Tyler

"Probably because it's a really dumb thing to do. If you get addicted, that is. Not to mention your parents are loaded. If they caught you doing drugs, they'd do more than send you off to live with your brother," Tyler said.

"True that. I won't get addicted, though."

"Hopefully not. Hey, have you seen that big group of people? The ones that came in the cafe the other day?"

"No. What group?"

"The ones you were serving."

"Oh, shit, them? Yeah. What about them?"

"They're, like, famous and shit."

"Okay?"

"I thought you'd find that cool. Cause, like, you're basically famous."

"Not really. I have a lot of followers. That doesn't make me famous," Quinn then noticed someone coming in their direction, "Shit. You said no one would find us here."

"They weren't meant to," Tyler said, hiding the joint behind his back as Quinn sprayed perfume all over both of them, "You couldn't have brought something more masculine?"

"I didn't think you'd be needing any perfume!"

As the person came towards them, Quinn let out a sigh of relief, noticing it was no one they knew. The girl looked around their age,with a grin on her face. "Hey, are you Quinn Perkins?" She asked.

"Yeah, that's me, what's up?" Quinn answered, trying her best to sound sober.

"I follow you on TikTok, do you mind if I get a picture?"

Quinn agreed, taking the picture despite feelings slightly awkward. The girl then walked away, whispering something to her friend. "First time being recognised and you're as high as the cloud," Tyler laughed.

"I'm not that bad," Quinn argued, walking back over to Tyler, "Can we go back to your car now? I'm bored."

"Yeah, alright."

authors note
this chapter is short but it's honestly kind of just a filler chapter lol