I silently led him into the bathroom and had him sit on the closed toilet seat.

"Take those off while I get the kit and a new pair of clothes for you. " I directed before turning around and leaving the bathroom so I could get everything I'd need. On my way to his room, I checked up on Grace who was indeed fast asleep on the couch so with a gentle kiss on her forehead, I pulled the small fleece blanket from the couch and covered her with it before making my way upstairs. I grabbed him a pair of black sweats and a sleeveless, black V-neck t-shirt. Luckily we had a first aid kit in every bathroom, so I didn't have to grab that. All I had to grab were his face cloths and clothes for him to change to.

When I stepped into the bathroom, he had has head weakly leaning against the tiled wall as he took shallow, slow breaths. I have never seen my brother look so sickly before and I find it quite nerve-wracking that he's not telling telling what's wrong. I am starting to think there is something more to his sudden illness than just being punished by the mate bond, something he knows but doesn't want to share with me.

'Nolan.' My wolf, Alex softly whimpered, instantly alerting me that something was very wrong.

'What's wrong?' I simply responded.

'Liam's presence is growing weak, its almost faint.' He replied with such fear that he's words almost sounded shaky.

'He's not...is it?' I vaguely asked, not wanting to even say the words as my stomach painfully churned.

'There is only one thing that could have accelerated this,' He cautiously said, making my eyes look at the barely conscious man that sat on the toilet seat. It seemed like he couldn't even sense my presence. 'Nolan, they might have found their mate, but are silently rejecting her.'

Alex's words had colour draining down my face a cold wave shot down my spine.

*****

Melissa's POV

"Your hair looks stunning, Honey. I'm really impressed." Mom approvingly smiled at me, repeating the compliment for the upteenth time since she saw me. Her hand remained stirring the pot of mincemeat on the stove as she spoke with her back towards me, but the happiness in her voice was as evident as the sun on the clear, blue sky.

"Thanks Mom." I smiled at her as I lifted the mug in my hands and took a sip of the sweet, warm and chocolate-y beverage also known as hot chocolate.

She was right though, the man nailed his work. My short braided bob was gorgeous and he mixted both the purple and black hairpiece so well that it all mashed together. I was kinda confident and excited for my first day tomorrow thanks to the confidence boost from the new hairstyle.

"So, I want to talk to you about something." Mom cautiously began as she put the lid on the pot and turned around to face me. She leaned against the counter on her arms with nervousness swirling in her dark eyes.

"Okay." I responded as I brought my cup up until my lips were caressing the cool material.

"Remember how I told you that I'm seeing someone?" She cautiously asked.

"Yes?" I replied with the same amount of cautiousness.

"Well, he's kind of the person who helped me get this job. He told me about the position here and even helped me find and get this house and he would like to meet you, so I..." She nervously trailed off as her eyes left my face and went to her arms. She took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves, before her eyes connected with my hopefully warm and urging ones. "I want to know how you feel about that." She softly continued.

"Mom, I'm here for you. Now and forever, in fact you're stuck with me. Basically, the answer is, okay. I don't mind." I reassured with a light laugh.

"Are you sure, Sweetheart? I don't want to rush you. I mean, I only told you about him yesterday, and today I'm telling you he'd like to meet you. It can be a lot." She nervously chuckled as she ran her hand down her arm.

"Annabelle Bailey, you worry too much." I giggled, using her name to emphasise my teasing. She simply pouted at me in response. My mom and I are close enough that she doesn't mind me calling her by her name one bit. As long as I'm not shouting at her or being rude as I use it, of course, but otherwise, she's a-o-kay with it.

"How could I not though?" She murmured," Called by my name twice in one day. What a record." I heard her quietly mumbled under her breath, giving me the impression that her mysterious boyfriend called her that today while I was gone. I would if he dropped over or something.

"So, when am I meeting him?" I curiously asked, making mom jump onto her feet with a shy smile.

"He's coming for dinner this upcoming Saturday." She responded while gently playing with her fingers.

"Cool, I can't wait," I beamed at her to show her that I was fine with the arrangement. For some reason, I felt no negative feelings toward the guy and I haven't even met him yet. Instead, something tells me that he will be good for my mom. "I'm really happy for you, Mom. As long as he treats you right, I'm more than happy."

"Thanks Sweetheart," She pouted with teary eyes as she made her way over to me and pulled against her chest," Come here!"

"Mother!" I feigned irritation even as I wrapped my arms around her torso in a hug. "I love you."

"I love you even more, Baby Girl." She sighed in contentment before placing a gentle peck on my forehead.

"Mom." I gently called.

"Hmm?" She hummed in response.

"How long have you known this guy? In fact, what is his name?" I curiously asked. She immediately tensed up at my questions before moving back and letting go of me with an unsure smile.

"His name is Damian and him and I have been together for two months. Going on three." She responded.

"Could you tell me about him? That is, if you'd like." I asked, being sure to add the last part so she knew that I wasn't forcing her or anything.

"Sure," She smiled, her nervous smile slowly turning into a more genuine one as she made her way back to the pot. "So, he's thirty nine years old and works as a Financial Adviser for his own company. He has no children and lives in his own house. As far as I'm aware, he does love children though and would like to have some in the near future." She giddily shared as she went back to stirring the pot.

"Does that mean I should expect to be an older sister soon, Mother Dearest?" I suggestively wiggled my eyebrows, making her gasp at me and pout. Her pout soon fell as excitement took over her features.

"Nothing is set in stone, Honey." She tried to shrug it off, but I could sense the yearning. My mother is turning thirty-eight this year and I'm turning eighteen so I'm not surprised that she craves having children. I'm sure if it were for her, she'd have more than three while teaching at kindergarten. Then again, I took after her in that aspect, children are my weakness almost as much, if not more than her. They are too cute to resist.

"Whatever you say, Mother Darling." I innocently smiled at her even as my tone said, 'We both know the truth' or something along those lines.

"Okay, enough about me," She playfully stuck her tongue out at me before facing the pot as she grabbed the pot of spaghetti and emptied the spaghetti into the pot of mincemeat. "How do you feel about tomorrow? Do you know what you're gonna wear?"

I can't believe that tomorrow is my first day at varsity. New opportunities, here I come.

My Werewolf Neighboursजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें