✿ CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE ✿

The connection breaks, and the five
smoke-people rush forward, bombarding Voldemort in a cloud of blue smog.

Still clutching Harry's hand, I sprint alongside him until we reach Cedric's lifeless body.

"Accio!" I scream, pointing my wand at the Triwizard Cup which lies meters away. It zooms over and into my hand, Harry gripping my free hand and his other hand around Cedric's wrist.

I hear Voldemort let out a shout of outrage as the graveyard disappears in a swirling mass of white, blue and black.

The world spins, and just when I think I can't take it anymore, I feel ground form under me.

Emotion hits me like a bright yellow school bus. In the graveyard, adrenaline had taken over, but now it was replaced by a depression and anxiety so strong I could barely breathe.

I'm hyperventilating. I'm shaking. My vision is blurry, and all I can see is the sea of people in the stands quite oblivious to the fact that I'm crouched beside a dead body.

I feel arms wrap around me, and look to see that Harry has engulfed me in a strong hug. I collapse. I cry and I scream and I let it take over, keeping my arms wrapped around his neck the whole time. And then the world goes black.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

I wake up in the Hospital Wing. The first thing I can register is a pounding in my head so sore I think I might faint again.

I can't remember much for a few moments, but then everything comes flooding back to me like a tsunami.

"Ruby?" I look over across the infirmary to where Harry is also in a bed. He looks awful, with purple bags under his eyes. Cuts and bruises line his face, and his scar is slightly more pronounced than usual.

It's then that I notice the stinging sensation below my right ear, the one where Ron said he had seen a lightning-bolt scar, like Harry's.

"Hey, Harry." I groan, my throat sore and hoarse. "What happened?" I ask.

"You passed out." He says bluntly.
"I got that, thanks."
"Oh- well... after you fainted, Moody took me into his office, he said he could help. Turns out he has been taking Polyjuice Potion all year and is actually a Death Eater called Barty Crouch."

"Wha- Barty Crouch?" I ask, more confused than a pea-brained mountain troll.
"Junior." He says.
"Crouch jr? He's dead though, Sirius said." I say.
"It's a long long story. Basically, his father was under the imperius curse and smuggled him out of Azkaban. Crouch jr cast the mark at the Quiddich World Cup and Winky - his elf at the time - was found with my wand because he had an invisibility cloak on. He turned The Cup into a Portkey and he gave you the pearl necklace. He's helped me through the whole Tournament just to make sure I got to the Cup first."

"Oh, Harry. I'm so sorry." I manage.

"It's... okay, I guess. I mean, we're alive, and we're okay. That's what matters."

"Come here." I say. Harry climbs out of bed and walks over to me on shaky legs. I shuffle over to the edge of the single-sized bed to make room for Harry, who climbs in before wrapping his arms around me in a hug. I return the embrace.

I feel a fresh round of tears coming and try to push them down, but they sting my eyes and spill over, silently pouring down my face.

"It's okay." Harry says when we break apart. "We're safe now."

"Are we?" I choke out. "He's back, Harry. Voldemort's back."

"It's okay." He says, before slowly leaning in and leaning his forehead against mine. "It's okay." He says one more time before pressing his lips to my own. It's a nice kiss, really. It makes me feel safe. When we break apart, Harry doesn't get out of bed. We sit in silence, my head rested on the crook of his neck.

𖧷•𖧷•𖧷 AUTHORS NOTE 𖧷•𖧷•𖧷

Hey!! So I know that chapter was pretty short, but I just wanted to end it there so that the next chapter was a bit less... depressing. I hope you're enjoying the book - we're so close to done! I can't wait to flick that switch and watch 'ongoing' change to 'completed'!

Question of the chapter: what has been your favourite part of this book? Answer here:⇨

My favourite part to write was probably the Yule Ball or Ruby's first few weeks after finding out she's a Weasley!

I am no longer looking for someone to make me a cover, though I would love you to vote on your favourite one in the 'Welcome to 'WEASLEY' chapter of my book.

Okay! I've rambled for long enough now! Love you lots, have a gorgeous day/night 💫
~Jaz xoxx