✿ CHAPTER FIVE ✿

Over the next few weeks I learnt all about the Wizarding World and Hogwarts School

Over the next few weeks I learnt all about the Wizarding World and Hogwarts School. I decided there was no way I couldn't become a Gryffindor, and Ginny had been letting me use her broomstick to fly around in the field behind our house with lessons from Harry, who was staying the rest of the summer. Ron, Harry, Ginny and I spent most of the holidays together, and I finally got to meet Hermione on our trip to Diagon Ally.

We used floo powder (an ash-like substance that turns flames a stunning emerald green, and allows you to travel through fireplaces) to get to Diagon Ally, which would have to be the most exciting place I had ever seen. Owls hooted inside and out of shops and kids pressed their faces up on windows to look at broomsticks and toys and lollies.

Wishing I had about ten more eyes, wanting to see everything I possible could, we continued down the cobbled street. People laughed and chattered, shop windows were full of things like talking stuffed animals, and you could even buy things like earrings that whisper compliments into your ears. One Quidditch merchandise shop displayed things like practice snitches, signed quaffles, jerseys, posters and badges. Other shops held potion kits or books, pet rats or self-correcting quills. I even saw an ice cream shop with a flavour that changes every time you lick it.

"You look like me," Harry said, smirking, "the first time I visited Diagon Alley. You look so completely amazed."
"How could I not?" I smiled back, "aren't you seeing this place Harry? Aren't you seeing how perfect it is? It's-"
"Amazing," he said, finishing my sentence.
"Completely," I agree.
Harry, Ron, Hermione and I walk in and out of shops together, collecting school supplies and chatting along the way.

We walked into Madam Malkins Robes for all Occasions, a shop full of different robes in all colours, fabrics, textures and shapes. An emerald green pair of silk robes caught my eye, and I reached out to touch the supple material.

"That colour would look great on you," Harry said, coming up from behind me, "I think it would really suit you."
"Oh! Thanks, Harry," I said, finding his green eyes trained on me. I feel my cheeks heat up, and can easily imagine the brilliant red my face had  undoubtedly turned. "It's the same colour as your eyes," I stated, returning his smile.
"A remarkable observation, sis." Ron said, interrupting. "Hey, Harry. Do you reckon that colour would look great on me too?"

❀ ❀ ❀

Mum said she would see to buying my books, and so Dad dragged me from the group to buy a wand.

I opened the door to Ollivander's and dad calls to the old man.
"Another Weasley?" Mr Ollivander said to my father in an hoarse and husky voice, his eyebrow slightly raised. The old wizard was severely balding, the hair he was left with frizzy and platinum white. He had bushy grey eyebrows and a large, slightly hooked nose.
"This is Ruby." Dad said, placing a hand on my shoulder. Ollivander turned to look at me.
"You'll be needing a wand then!" He smiled gleefully and I nod enthusiastically in return.