xix. crosshair

╭ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╮

xix.

crosshair

╰ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╯

italics indicate flashbacks for this chapter.

•••

They all looked out on the horizon, seeing Kamino's skies cleared for the very first time ever. Omega walked out to the edge of the platform, ignoring the sky and watching the factories, or what was left of them, burn into nothing. As the smoke continued to rise, it started to cloud the sky, blocking their view of the clear sky.

"It's all gone," Omega muttered.

"We should leave, before the empire's scouts show up.

"Are you coming with us?" Wrecker asked, addressing Crosshair, who was standing separate from them, on the other side of the platform.

"None of this changes anything," Crosshair said.

"You offered us a chance," Hunter said, taking a step forward towards Crosshair. "Now this is yours."

"I made my decision," Crosshair replied, this time more sternly.

"We want different things, Crosshair," Hunter continued, still trying to convince him. "That doesn't mean we have to be enemies."

Crosshair turned away from Hunter, looking back towards the smoke. The others started to board the ship, leaving Crosshair on the platform. Omega was the last to board, however, when she was halfway up the steps, she turned around, and went back onto the platform. Crosshair turned around to face her, annoyed.

"What?" he hissed.

"Thank you for saving AZ," Omega said.

"Consider us even," Crosshair responded, not as harshly as before.

"You're still their brother Crosshair," Omega continued. "You're my brother too."

Instead of responding, he turned back around, facing away from her. Omega had no choice but to go back to the ship, with the other members. And with that, they left Kamino, and by doing so, leaving Crosshair on that platform.

Eliminating any chance of him turning back to their side.

"Hunter," Rex said, walking into the room Hunter was in, trying to wake him up. "We have to go."

Hunter opened his eyes, and sat up. "It's morning already?"

"Yes, it is," Rex said, walking out of the room Hunter was in. "Also, could you do me a favor?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Can you try to find Echo for me? I can't seem to find him anywhere."

"He just disappeared?" Hunter asked, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sure he's around here somewhere. I just can't find him. And when you do find him, tell him I need help preparing the ship."

"Will do," Hunter replied. He stood up and walked out of the room. He checked the main area, nothing. He then decided to check the medical bay, and still nothing. He checked the bridge. Nothing. He checked the nearby hallways and the rooms they led to. Nothing. He didn't seem to be anywhere. However, at the end of one of the hallways, there was a large opening, where a part of the ship had broken off during the wreckage. He saw Echo sitting on the ledge, looking out at the view. Granted, it wasn't a very good view.