21. Secrets

𝕿𝖔 𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉𝖎𝖊𝖘,

𝕿𝖔 𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖛𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘.

𝕿𝖔 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓,

𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖉.

~ 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓑𝓮 𝓫𝔂 𝓟𝓪𝓽 𝓐. 𝓕𝓵𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰

________________________________

This night didn't seem that much different from the others. The forest was drenched in fog and darkness, added on with the slight breeze that tickled the underbrush. Amidst all this was a dragon, different from the rest, rushing through the woods. Then, she reached a clearing, coated by moonlight, giving it an eerie feel. Perfect. The dragon smiled, stepping out into the clearing, feeling the grass growing underneath her talons and the moonlight highlighting her grey scales and unique horns.

Fluttering her wings, she looked around, calling out, quietly, as though she was whispering. "Cyrus? Cyrus! Are you here, Cyrus?" She called out in a hushed tone, as she looked around again, eyes scanning every inch of the clearing, as well as the bushes tucked off to the sides. The rustling of leaves and snapping of twigs caught her attention, however. Gasping quietly, she turned around to see the familiar sheen of yellow.

A SandWing stepped out from the bushes, with bright yellow scales that had a faint glow to them, like a summer morning. He was drowned in jewellery, with an astonishing amount of piercings adorning his face. The SandWing had a kind face and a charming smile, which was shown as he looked at her. "Makoto." He spoke, calming the Spirit of Life and Death's worries. Good, it's only him, I thought it would've been something else. The Deity thought to herself, sitting down and spreading her wings. "What did you need me for? Did you kill your dragonet?" He inquired.

Makoto shook her head at this. "No, I realised that she's no threat." She replied. "Her soul has a real spark, you know. I can't help but be fond of her."

Cyrus smiled. "Good to know you've changed your mind." He said solemnly. "Has she forgiven you, if she knew about you cursing her in the first place?"

The Spirit of Life and Death nodded at this. "Yes, and I wasn't expecting it, especially after what I put her through." She looked at the ground, shuffling her talons. "But her heart is one of the purest I've ever seen, and it scares me, because there's dragons out there that will shatter it." Cyrus then started to frown. "You're right. We should monitor her as best we can." The SandWing stated, coaxing another nod out of Makoto. "Yes, agreed. I will observe her when I can."

Makoto then sighed, causing Cyrus to hum in curiosity. "I like her, I really do, Cyrus, but what will the other Celestials think? Would they treat her as I did, or would they accept her? I'm scared Cyrus, I really am, I don't know what's going to happen to her, but I want her soul to be safe." She confessed, shivering as she hugged her arms close to her chest. Cyrus gave a small smile as he strode over to her, pulling the Deity into a hug. Makoto hugged him back, feeling the warmth his scales emanated, before swiftly pulling away again.

"I'm sure her soul will be fine as long as you keep a watchful eye on her. You are the Goddess of Life and Death, after all, you're basically the keeper of Mortal souls." Cyrus reassured her, causing Makoto to smile again. "Yeah, you're right. Maybe I should trust my abilities more." She said. Cyrus laughed in response. "That's the spirit!" He exclaimed.

Makoto giggled as well, though it ceased when Cyrus began to speak again. "Anyways, how's Brightside doing? Is collecting souls all by herself not... Stressful?" He asked, his smile disappearing for a brief amount of time. "I think you should get another blessed."

"I've considered it." Makoto replied. "I just don't really know who, y'know? I can't really find the right souls."

"What about Goldie?" Cyrus inquired. "I heard his soul has a real spark."

"Oh yes." Makoto's eyes widened. "I've considered him as well, but he doesn't want to be blessed, and I respect that decision, so I don't want to force him into something he doesn't want to do. I help protect him from the other Deities that do try to take him."

Cyrus began grinning again. "You're very sweet." He remarked. Makoto laughed. "Thank you kindly!"

"Kagayaku's soul would be a great blessed." The Goddess then stated. "It's a shame you can't bless living souls."

"Heh, yeah." Cyrus replied. "Imagine how crazy that would be? Blessing mortals!"

"I know." Makoto giggled. "It would be really fun."

The two Deities laughed in unison for a little while before looking at each other, Makoto rising back to her feet and terminating the grass that had overgrown while she was seated. "Well, this has been great, and very eventful. You're probably my favourite Season Quartet member to hang out with." She stated, a warm smile on her face. Cyrus grinned back, showing off his fangs. "Glad to hear it."

Looking around the clearing before staring up at the three moons above, Makoto spread her wings as she spoke.

"I think our work here is done."