14. Deja Vu

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖞 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖜

𝕾𝖍𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖔𝖓 𝖒𝖊

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜

𝕱𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖆 𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖑𝖔𝖈𝖐 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖊

~ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓢𝓷𝓸𝔀, 𝓫𝔂 𝓡𝓸𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓽 𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓽

________________________________________

Kagayaku noticed it too late, the sign swinging down towards her, the dragonet's fate sealed.

Everything happened so fast, the sign slamming Kagayaku in the stomach, sending her flying into a shelf stacked with jewels, them collapsing on top of her and some stabbing into the back. Her vision became blurry, hearing the panicked cries of the store employees, Mepuru screaming and the sickly sweet laughter of Makoto as Kagayaku's sight failed.

Her ears rang, her nerves became numb and the intense pain from the incident dulled as Kagayaku lost her grip on reality.

Heavily injured was she, blood dripping coldly onto the floor.

Makoto looked at her work, but she wasn't happy. No, it wasn't the thought that she'd be coming to her world, but rather, she had harmed a mortal. But why was she guilty about her, and not the others? Well, she didn't want to admit it, but she liked Kagayaku, she was such a talented soul, and half of the time, she simply watched her get on with her life while the curse threw danger left and right at her.

But another main cause of these negative feelings was that she was becoming like her ex, another deity that harmed her for the sake of it. She never wanted to be like him, never ever.

However, she believed the deities had to be protected, if the mortals found out, the forest would soon be invaded. Her and Cyrus had to finish their work soon and move on before their secret got out, the deity already knew that Mepuru, Ace, Boreal, Dromedary and Hestia knew about this, she couldn't let it spread further. Growling softly as she buried the guilt and sorrow deeper in her, she teleported away, hoping to find something else to distract her from the darkness eating away at her heart.

...

...

...

...

She gasped awake suddenly, blinking as she took in the sight of a hospital with bright white lights that shone down on her. She remembered this place, she had it in a dream many months ago. It was deja vu all over again.

But this time, it didn't feel like a dream, she felt like she was actually here.

Kagayaku looked to the back of the room, where there was no writing. She cocked her head. Odd, she thought there would be some weird cryptic message there like last time.

"You're back." A familiar voice said.

Kagayaku turned around, noticing the same RainWing with her piercing ice blue eyes and brown scales. "Who are you?" The hybrid asked, realising quickly she was able to speak unlike the last time she ended up in this weird place. The RainWing blinked, a smile grazing her snout as she disappeared and reappeared right in front of the hybrid. She spread her wings and closed them again before speaking again. "My name?" She tilted her head towards the ceiling, seeming to not care about the blazing bright lights.

She tapped her talons on the ground before laughing. "It's J̴̧̻̝͙͙̘͝ͅë̶̢̮͚̟͉̙́̈́͊̕r̵͖͓͇̳̰͕̭̠͖̉̉̑̽̏͌̋̃͘i̸͖͐̊̔̓̌̅̍c̵̢̳͕̓̈̿̍͊̾̚͝͠ȟ̵̳́͒̋̌̂͑͝ǫ̵͕͚̝̤͚͈͆̅̂̔͂̑ͅ, why, did you not know that? Weird mortal." The RainWing's ice blue eyes met Kagayaku's lemon coloured ones, the other dragon's eyes seemingly piercing right into Kaga's soul. It made the young hybrid shudder with fear. "W-Where am I?" Kagayaku managed to splutter out, making the strange dragon hum.

"That's not your concern, Kagayaku." J̴̧̻̝͙͙̘͝ͅë̶̢̮͚̟͉̙́̈́͊̕r̵͖͓͇̳̰͕̭̠͖̉̉̑̽̏͌̋̃͘i̸͖͐̊̔̓̌̅̍c̵̢̳͕̓̈̿̍͊̾̚͝͠ȟ̵̳́͒̋̌̂͑͝ǫ̵͕͚̝̤͚͈͆̅̂̔͂̑ͅ said, cocking her head slightly. "I want to know why you're here, again."

"I-I don't know." The mortal dragonet mumbled, staring at the ground with a tired expression. "I got hit by a sign, and then, I got stabbed by some gems and then I fainted." She explained, confused and worried. "Am I dead? Is this purgatory?"

The RainWing laughed at this. "No no, you're not dead, you'd be with Makoto if you were." She said before suddenly glaring at her, her appearance flickering into something different for a split second before returning to normal, which caught Kagayaku off guard. "I told you not to get involved, Kagayaku, the supernaturals have ruined your life." She said, walking up to her and placing a talon on your cheek. "What have they done to you? Poor thing. You mortals know better than to poke your snouts in business that you shouldn't have known existed."

Kagayaku pulled away from her grip, startled. "Why are you here anyways, hm?" Kagayaku inquired, eyes narrowing in suspicion as she took in the sight of... J̴̧̻̝͙͙̘͝ͅë̶̢̮͚̟͉̙́̈́͊̕r̵͖͓͇̳̰͕̭̠͖̉̉̑̽̏͌̋̃͘i̸͖͐̊̔̓̌̅̍c̵̢̳͕̓̈̿̍͊̾̚͝͠ȟ̵̳́͒̋̌̂͑͝ǫ̵͕͚̝̤͚͈͆̅̂̔͂̑ͅ, or whatever the heck her name was. The RainWing bit her lips nervously before shaking her head and smiling. "I live here."

"Now, mortal dragonet, let me show you something important that you'll need to know in future." She said, waving her talons.

The hospital scenery was gone in a flash, washed away as if it were a stick in a river. Kagayaku jumped as they reappeared in a forest full of luminous plants and giant mushrooms. The hybrid marvelled at this beautiful yet bright scenery. "Where are we now?" Kagayaku asked. "The Dimension of Death." J̴̧̻̝͙͙̘͝ͅë̶̢̮͚̟͉̙́̈́͊̕r̵͖͓͇̳̰͕̭̠͖̉̉̑̽̏͌̋̃͘i̸͖͐̊̔̓̌̅̍c̵̢̳͕̓̈̿̍͊̾̚͝͠ȟ̵̳́͒̋̌̂͑͝ǫ̵͕͚̝̤͚͈͆̅̂̔͂̑ͅ swiftly replied, hovering in the air and flying off somewhere else, Kagayaku running behind her as she flew. When they stopped, they were in an alcove where Makoto lay, sobbing her heart out. Kagayaku yelped. "C-Can she see or hear us?!" She exclaimed. The RainWing shook her head. "No, this is a vision, of the future."

There was something off about Makoto... Her tears were black, and when she opened her eyes, Kagayaku had the fright of her life.

They were red, her irises were red instead of blue. Her eyes didn't have the nice twinkle they normally had as well, it was almost as if her soul had been sucked out. "W-What happened to her? Is she okay?!" The hybrid exclaimed, looking at J̴̧̻̝͙͙̘͝ͅë̶̢̮͚̟͉̙́̈́͊̕r̵͖͓͇̳̰͕̭̠͖̉̉̑̽̏͌̋̃͘i̸͖͐̊̔̓̌̅̍c̵̢̳͕̓̈̿̍͊̾̚͝͠ȟ̵̳́͒̋̌̂͑͝ǫ̵͕͚̝̤͚͈͆̅̂̔͂̑ͅ with fear filled eyes. The RainWing sighed and eyed the floor. "No, shes not okay, she's been corrupted by someone you will need to fight later on in your life, and a family member will be turned against you."

Kagayaku wanted to scream. Boreal, Dromedary, Ace... One of them was going to turn against her, and she'd have to fight someone who had also corrupted Makoto. She blinked, too stunned to speak. This was a lot to take in, was she meant to be hearing or seeing any of this?

"I-I'm sorry." Kagayaku spoke at last, stumbling backwards. "What do you mean I'll fight someone in the future? Won't I be dead? Wouldn't the curse have killed me?" She inquired.

"The curse will pass, Kagayaku, things will turn out better." The RainWing said, smiling slightly. There was something off about that smile, something that unsettled Kagayaku, but she shook off the feeling as if it was nothing and continued talking. "Oh, do you know why I'm here, anyways?" She asked. J̴̧̻̝͙͙̘͝ͅë̶̢̮͚̟͉̙́̈́͊̕r̵͖͓͇̳̰͕̭̠͖̉̉̑̽̏͌̋̃͘i̸͖͐̊̔̓̌̅̍c̵̢̳͕̓̈̿̍͊̾̚͝͠ȟ̵̳́͒̋̌̂͑͝ǫ̵͕͚̝̤͚͈͆̅̂̔͂̑ͅ sighed. "I was shocked at first by your appearance, but... I know why you're here now." The RainWing confessed. Kagayaku cocked her head. "Why? Tell me."

"Y-You're in a coma."