12. Help

𝕴 𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗,

𝕴 𝖘𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖓𝖐.

𝕴 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉𝖓'𝖙,

𝕾𝖔 𝕴 𝖏𝖚𝖒𝖕𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖐.

~ 𝓛𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓷 𝓗𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓮𝓼, "𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓘𝓼 𝓕𝓲𝓷𝓮"

_______________________________

"Mepuru..." Kagayaku whispered, biting her lip. Queen Hestia looked horrified. "Is that your friend?" The SkyWing inquired, turning to the hybrid who was paralysed purely by her terror. The fog cleared up more, giving the two more vision on the scene. What had horrified them became more clear as the clouds dissipated, making Hestia gag.

It was definitely Mepuru, Kagayaku could recognise her fox-coloured scales from a mile away, but they were covered in bloody, infected scratches, dirt and grime. Just what had the poor SandWing been through? Her body was dangling from a tree, blood dripping down onto the forest floor as the dragonet hung limply. Kagayaku felt tears well up in her eyes. "No... No..." She mumbled, legs giving way underneath her. Hestia looked at Kagayaku, looking concerned and upset. "...You alright?" The royal dragon asked the hybrid who shook her head in response.

"I'm gonna go check if she's alive, you can come if you want." The queen said, stepping back into the forest. Kagayaku trembled as she got up from the ground and followed Hestia back into the woods, saying nothing as the body of her friend got closer. The SkyWing examined the wounds on her body, facial expression soured. "These wounds are fresh, yet they're infected." She stated, turning back to look at Kagayaku. "I feel a faint pulse. I think we can still save her." Kagayaku felt everything lighten up. "Please!" She cried.

"Pardon me for asking, but where do you live? I think it would be easier treating her at your place rather than flying all the way back to the Palace." Hestia asked. "I live in Sanctuary." The young hybrid replied, a weak smile appearing on her face knowing that there was still hope of saving her best friend. "Not far then. Come on, let's get moving."

The two set off, walking back to Kagayaku's house with Mepuru in tow. They talked about whatever came to mind on the way, like Makoto, Hestia's relationship with the other queens and where dead dragons go. Soon enough, they were at the hybrid's house, opening the door and creeping inside, heading to Kaga's room. When they reached the hybrid's room, the queen and the dragonet placed Mepuru onto her bed. "Do you have any medical supplies?" Hestia whispered to Kagayaku. "I think mother keeps some for emergencies somewhere." She replied. The queen nodded. "Try to find it, then, I'll continue examining her wounds here."

Kagayaku did a little salute before sneaking back into the hallways, searching the different rooms for the medical kit that her mother kept in case of an emergency. Of course, she avoided her parents and sister's rooms to not risk them waking up and yelling at her. She squinted as she walked into the darkness of the living room. Gosh, I cannot see a thing! She thought angrily, trying to make out the shapes of the couches and the table. Everything was still completely wrecked after Makoto's visit, so she had to constantly step over shattered vase pieces and broken tables.

She found the kit on the wall at the back of the living room, and despite all of the damage, the glass protecting the kit was still perfectly intact. She gulped and smashed the glass, grabbing the kit and running back to her room, hoping none of her family members heard and woke up. She quickly shut the door behind her as she handed the kit to Hestia, collapsing onto the floor while panting soon afterward. "Thanks a lot. Now I can disinfect her wounds and wrap her up." Hestia said, smiling as she began doing just that. "Anything to help my friend." Kagayaku said, smiling up at the queen and the unconsious SandWing.

"Morning is going to come soon." Hestia pointed out. "I'll have to go once your friend here is all patched up, so make sure you take great care of her." Kagayaku nodded. "Of course I will."

The two continued talking as Mepuru was being patched up and cleaned, and soon enough, she was done. "Finished. I'll see you soon." Hestia said, smiling at Kagayaku as she crept out of the room, making almost no noise whatsoever. Kaga sighed. I might as well get some sleep. She thought to herself, shutting the lights off and climbing into the sleeping bag that Mepuru was originally resting in. The hybrid closed her tired eyes and very quickly drifted off to sleep.

ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ...

"THREE MOONS, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED HERE?!" Kagayaku could hear her mother angrily yelling as she woke up. Boreal burst into her room and growled. "Get up! You have a lot of explaining to do!" The IceWing snapped. "Mepuru, why are you covered in bandages and on my daughter's bed?!" The SandWing shuddered and sat up, grimacing from the pain. "S-Sorry Mrs Boreal, but we didn't do the damage in the living room!" The SandWing spluttered. "Oh really, who did? A burglar? Crazy animus dragon?"

"Um... Yes, a burglar, and we fought her off!" Kagayaku chimed in, puffing out her chest in pride. Boreal put a hand on her head and sighed. "Well... I wouldn't of thought you two would be the kind of dragons to cause so much damage... Ugh, what a pain. Come through for breakfast." She said before walking off.

Thank Astra that worked. Kagayaku let out a breath she didn't know she was holding before turning to smile at Mepuru. "I'm so glad you're alive. I think Makoto attacked you." She told her friend. "Dang. Thanks for saving me." The SandWing replied, smiling back. "It wasn't just me, you know." Kaga said, smirking at her.

"Oh really? Who else was there?" Mepuru inquired, cocking her head slightly.

"Why, it was Queen Hestia of the SkyWings!"