17. Justice

𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝖗𝖔𝖆𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝖞𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝖜𝖔𝖔𝖉,

𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖞 𝕴 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖑 𝖇𝖔𝖙𝖍

𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖗, 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝕴 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖔𝖉

𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖐𝖊𝖉 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖆𝖘 𝖋𝖆𝖗 𝖆𝖘 𝕴 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉

𝕿𝖔 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖎𝖙 𝖇𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖙𝖍;

~ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓸𝓪𝓭 𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷 𝓫𝔂 𝓡𝓸𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓽 𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓽

______________________________________

Kagayaku stared at the wooden bridge that had previously caused her a lot of trouble. She stopped, narrowing her eyes slightly, and slowly spread her wings again. Not stiff. They had only become stiff in the woods, which made the hybrid suspicious, there must've been something about the forest that made her wings unable to work. Whether it be supernaturals or weird coincidences, she'd never really know.

As Kagayaku inspected the now intact bridge, she pondered how she'd cross it. Her wings were able to be used now, but what were the risks? Them suddenly becoming stiff during flight, or her falling from the air anyways towards certain death in a dark, foggy ravine that she didn't even know how far down the end is.

But walking was just as risky, as the bridge could break again, or something else could happen, but she thought of that being the most suitable option.

Taking a deep breath, she clenched her fists and began running. The faster she got over the bridge, the better.

Suppressing her fears, she crossed onto the bridge and continued sprinting, ignoring any gusts of wind that shook the bridge slightly. This time, she managed to make it across, just as the bridge snapped and fell down into the abyss, this time without taking Kagayaku with it. The hybrid watched this display, a sigh of pure relief escaped her as she turned back to the continued trail, which seemed to be going uphill. She narrowed her eyes slightly at this before continuing onward, walking up the trail and looking around, shining her flashlight through the moderately thick fog that surrounded her in case Makoto decided to show her face.

Remaining silent, Kagayaku observed her surroundings whenever the fog cleared, although there was nothing of interest except for trees and the rain water trickling down the leaves and onto the floor, or the hybrid's head as she walked. It wasn't pleasant, but Kagayaku didn't let it bother her, she had other things to do, like avenging her death curse.

Where is this stupid Deity? Kagayaku snarled inside of her head while walking, though seeming unfazed by the scenery around her and the occasional snapping of branches, a tiny part of her was frightened by everything. I need to teach her a very valuable lesson. Not to mess with mortals.

Just then, she heard something peculiar, and what most would call terrifying.

Singing, from deep within the forest.

Kagayaku couldn't determine who the voice belonged to, but she was hit with a sudden wave of curiosity and terror upon hearing the strange voice. Lowering her head slightly and becoming more aware of her surroundings, Kagayaku began following the voice, going off the trail and into the underbrush. Every step she took caused her body to shake, and the singing became louder, and louder, yet she still couldn't recognise the voice.