7. Misfortune

𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖜𝖊, 𝖙𝖔𝖔, 𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖙𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕,

𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖞 𝖘𝖔𝖚𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉

𝕽𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖉

𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖑𝖒 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊 𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖘 𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖕

~𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓫𝔂 𝓢𝓪𝓻𝓪 𝓣𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓭𝓪𝓵𝓮

_____________________________________

Being lost in the forest wasn't in Kagayaku's plans, but maybe she should've taken Gila's warning more seriously. Wonderful. Now I'm gonna be lost for weeks, and when I finally get out, I'll be traumatised. She thought as she angrily kicked some stones nearby. Making Makoto hate her was one thing, but of course more bad things just had to happen to her. She made her way through the forest, the fog seemingly clearing the further she progressed. "Now I'm not gonna be able to go to school, well, I suppose that's not that bad." She said to herself, passing by a pond.

She stopped and stared at the body of water for a moment, approaching it and looking into the calm, still liquids. The moon was visible overhead, and the young hybrid could already see that she looked pretty ragged. "Damn, the forest really does this to you?" She said, looking at her face from all angles. I obviously cannot show my face to the public like this. I need to get out of her before dawn. She thought, quickly running back onto the path she was following.

She would've used her wings to get out, but the forest here seemed too covered by the treetops to actually fly out of. She groaned, thinking it was a stupid idea to actually come here in the first place, especially right after all of the warnings she was told. "Help! Please!" She tried calling, her legs giving way underneath her due to the exhaustion. Everything ached. She wanted to cry. I'm never gonna get out of here. I suck. She thought, the tears finally forming and falling out of her eyes, streaming down her cheeks and making her feel 10x worse. She coiled her tail over her talons, staring down at the forest floor as it began to rain. Great, what a way to make the atmosphere more depressing.

Kagayaku figured she might as well find shelter considering she is most likely not going to get out of here by dawn. Forcing her legs to pick her up from the ground, the young hybrid began her quest once more. It took her a long while, but she eventually found a small opening in a bush that was relatively dry and that she could fit in. Squeezing into the space, she huddled into a ball, trying to conserve the little heat she had. If she were a purebred IceWing, body temperature at the time wouldn't have bothered her, but since she's got SandWing blood, the cold bothers her as much as any other tribe. Her entire body trembled, oh how she wished for a heated blanket right now.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps outside. Yes, there was hope! She quickly scuttled out of her hidey-hole and looked around for any other dragons. Nothing. She sighed, perhaps it was just her brain trying to get her hopes up? She squished herself back in her space and whimpered. What time was it? It seemed like she'd lost track of all time despite being outside. Kagayaku closed her eyes, trying to drift off to sleep. She might have been able to shut down, if it weren't for those footsteps again. She poked her head outside, scanning the wilderness around her with tired eyes before spotting absolutely nothing. If her vision wasn't so blurry due to exhaustion, she would've seen a NightWing staring directly at her from a dark patch of wilderness. Those lavender eyes stood out like a sore thumb compared to the dark green shrubbery around.