twenty-four.

MOCHA
مانهاتن
" 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗. "

—TUPPAH'K'💮

TUPPAH'K'💮.

For the past few days, I really thought about Mac's confession he thrown at me. I couldn't think straight, all because of four words; I like you, Mocha

And the small split second of a meaningful kiss I was supposed to receive until my father showed up. I was embarrassed I'd admit, but glad my father saw. 

I wanted him to know that I wasn't his little girl anymore, that i was growing up now, things change, and I find a deeper attractiveness for guys and gain feelings. But he didn't think that... instead he labelled me as some slut.

"On our lawn! On my fucking lawn?! Are you mentally ill? Sick?" I sigh in my palms, gazing out of the window as the car kept moving until we reached one of her mother's good friends places.

"This is your daughter, she's acting like some beggar. How horny could you be to try and kiss a boy on the grass Mocha?!" Father says, madder than usual.

"Nasir!" Mother slapped him harshly on his forearm. "You could've used a better word, but slut? really? How childish are you?" I smile at her response for a split second. "I know what she did was wrong, but she's seventeen."

"Pff, let's not start on how you were acting at seventeen. Had all the private school's boy fawn over you, because of what? You wore a slutty uniform every day? Shut the fuck up." Father scoffs in amusement stopping at a red light.

At times like this I wished I brought my headphones to mute their toxic argument in front of me, but I couldn't today- I had to dress somewhat appropriate. 

Growing up you start to realise when you were young you didn't really understand the words your parents used when arguing, but once you grew up, you have a deeper understanding and realise your parents' relationship is actually toxic and not healthy.

"Oh, you really want to go there Nasir? Stop the car— I'm really tired of your shit!" Mother was furious, i was waiting for a vein to escape from the side of her head, what he said was wrong. 

"Ma, can we just... forget it." I say, poking my head in the middle so my father can see me from the rear mirror. "I'm sorry for sneaking out and almost kissing him, it's over, there's no need for you guys to drag this shit out."

"Language!" They both say together, and finally the rest of the whole car ride fell silent- something i was wishing that started when we first drove off from home.