twenty-one.

MOCHA
مانهاتن
" 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊. "

—STOMP'ART'💮

—STOMP'ART'💮.

Today was the day, students were already stressing out on what they were going to wear. But me, I was heavily stressed out about playing the piano in front of everyone.

I prayed more than once today that I wouldn't mess up, and I never pray that much in one day, I was scared.

I've been practicing for days with Mac; he played really well and spoke about the concepts behind the keys and the notes that were actually appealing to hear.

Me and mac grew a quick bond too, i found him interesting, and cute.

And sweet, adorable— "fuck." I was stuck in awe, I sat on the schools library chair running a hand down my face trying to shoo away the thoughts of Mac.

I didn't know what was happening, but I felt a small smile form on my face widely, twirling my pencil in my fingers like I was dozing off in my own world.

Which I was, but the image of him only played in my head like a slideshow, I was struck.

"Girl, what are you smiling at?" I sigh turning around to face mitchy, she held onto a pile of books pulling out a chair to take a seat. "Hmm, am I missing something?"

I laugh, cheeks starting to grow stronger. "I was just thinking about the dress I'm going to be wearing today, I wanted to get it custom made just for today. I don't know," I shrug. "I guess I want to stand out."

Mitchy smiles, already catching onto something. I've been friends with her for over a year now and she wasn't slow.

She could tell when I was feeling down like something was bothering me, or if I was thinking about a boy when I play around with my fingers and objects childishly.

Mitchy and thyme knew me best, but I couldn't be around them because we weren't healthy.

Although I wanted to tell her about Mac, I couldn't. I didn't want her involved in anything.

"I'll see you tonight though, wish me luck!" I left her sight feeling the guilt rush over me. And I ignored it, for a small while.

Roaming through the busy hallways, I took my next destination to the women's restroom. The scent of weed already fulfilled my nostrils as the clear smoke fumes filled up the air.

"I almost spent two million on the dress I was attempted to get, when I tell you about the delusion that was trying to eat me!" I shook my head to one of the girl's comments, checking out myself in the mirror.

"Hey Mocha," One of my class friends, Anita, greeted me with a small kiss to my cheek causing me to smell her recognised dolce & gabanna perfume. "I heard you're playing the piano tonight!"