Vol.14 Ch.49: The End of the Chaos

Start from the beginning

"Also," Yuel added. "Make sure to aim your shots at Winner himself and not at his drones. They should expire soon enough, so there's no point shooting them down at this point."

"Gotcha, dude!" Lars turned his back toward Winner and fired his Backfire Cannon, propelling himself backward toward the target.

So, we meet again! Lars grinned as he turned around to face his target in the middle of the flight. He wasted no time aiming his pistol at the fated rival. This ain't quite how I imagined our next duel to be, but I'll take it. Let's go yooooooo!

BAM! Lars fired a shot in mid-flight before he even reached his destination.

Few players could turn around this quickly and lockdown on their target while flying, but for Lars, stuff like that was as natural as breathing. And as usual, his aim was spot on. 200% accuracy, yo!

But, the enemy was ready for it. Or at least, he tried to be ready...

Tch, he's already shooting!? William grit his teeth.

He made sure to stay as far away as possible from Gunz after Ronald kicked the bucket. After all, it was clear as day that Gunz will hunt William next

And so, William was already mentally prepared for sidestepping incoming shots. For starters, the plan was to sidestep the first shot Gunz will fire after he finishes flying.

Alas, that mechanical monster didn't fail to surprise. While still in mid-flight, Gunz did a 180 and fired immediately! What's even more surprising was that the shot had perfect aim.

Hmph. I guess that, at this point, it's not even surprising at all. William scoffed. Looks like I better assume he can pull off these pro-level plays on a whim. So yeah, as far as mechanical skill is concerned, he's definitely up there. But, so what of it?

It was no reason for concern. Even as the bullet pierced through William's shoulder, it only dealt so much damage. He was still very much alive and already in a great position to barrage the Colossus.

I'd gladly duel you again but now is not the time for games. William turned his shoulder to the incoming attacker and concentrated his attention on the Colossus.

But of course, he couldn't entirely ignore that wild beast. Therefore, he still kept an eye out for Gunz's position and made sure to maintain a good distance from the dangerous assaulter.

Alright, time to end this game. ZAP! William fired a laser beam at the giant moving statue.

ZAP. ZAP. ZAP. ZAP. ZAP. Five more beams followed his lead, all landing on the Colossus. The objective was already down to 10% HP. Victory was right within reach!

But, will Willaim make it in time? There were two savage wolves nearby, both thirsting for William's blood.

Gunz was approaching from the left, firing one bullet after another. Meanwhile, from the right, a loud BOOM resounded. Even without looking, that was clearly Beat using her Satchel Charge to get closer.

The two hungry beasts were about to run all over William!

It'd be easy enough to dodge their attacks if only that's all I had to do here. William aimed his laser gun at the Colossus once more. But, I don't have time for that. I have to end this, right here and now.

He took a deep breath. Even though two dangerous beasts were about to crash into him, Willaim didn't waver. He simply had no luxury to do so. As the Hyper Carry of the team, it was his job was to drop the curtain on this game. Therefore, he shot the Colossus once more!