He says in a very dramatic pose. 

Y/N: But is the Pokemon gym still here? I have to earn that Volcano badge.

Misty: I heard that the gym leader was a guy named Blaine.

???: His gym, is right where you put your glasses.

Y/N: Glasses?

Brock: That's a tricky one.

Misty: In front of your eyes?

???: You're right again! Blaine's gym is right in front of your eyes!

The man points as our friends look where he is pointing and see a building all dilapidated.

Pikachu: Pika?!? (What in?!?)

Eevee: Vee?!? (What happened to it?!?)

Brock: That's it?

Misty: It's a wreck.

Y/N: Wreck? It's a disaster!

???: Blaine got tired of battling tourists who cared more about postcards and T-shirts than about Pokemon. That's when he abandoned the gym.

Y/N: But I'm not a tourist! I'm a real trainer! We came all the way out to this island so I could battle for the Volcano badge!

???: I'm afraid you came to the wrong place, my friends. Here's my card. If you need anything.

He hands Y/N his business card, showing that he owns an inn, and Y/N takes the card.

Y/N: The Big Riddle Inn.

Misty: An inn? How can you run a hotel and then blame tourists for ruining the island? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Y/N: Me neither. *looks up and notices the man is gone* Hey! Where did he go?

Brock: He's gone!

Everyone looks and sees that he's gone.

Brock: I wonder how he disappeared like that.

Y/N: Maybe he's a magician?

Misty: He didn't look like one.

Y/N: Well he sure was weird. Oh, well. We still have time to look around.

Later, again

Our heroes are walking through town.

Y/N: Well, even if it's full of tourists, we gotta check out that lab.

Brock: It can't be that bad.

Misty: Oh yeah?

Y/N and Brock look where Misty is looking and sees a bunch of tourists outside the lab.

Y/N: *groans* It's just a bunch of souvenir stands!

Brock: Looks like the lab's just another tourist attraction.

Y/N's stomach soon starts growling.

Y/N: Whoops. Guess all the disappointments are making me hungry.

Misty: We should call it a day. Why don't we check out the Pokemon Center?

Brock: Good idea.

Y/N: Let's go.

As our heroes walk by, two familiar characters work a stand nearby.

Jessie: Not one cookie sold. Our snack stand's a flop. Isn't that just our luck, James?

James: I'll say it is, Jessie. And we're right near that lab and it's packed with powerful Pokemon.

Meowth: Guess dat's how da cookie crumbles.