The Case of the K-9 Caper!

Today, our heroes find themselves traveling through the forest heading toward Cinnabar Island, the site of the next Pokemon gym. There, Y/N hopes to win his seventh Gym badges. However, this forest isn't as peaceful as it seems. They then hear a familiar voice yells out, stopping our heroes in their tracks. 

???: Stop, thief!

Y/N: A thief? Where? I bet it's that Team Rocket!

Brock: Maybe.

Soon, a man comes sliding in, getting our heroes' attention, holding a sack, and wielding a gun! Y/N, Brock and Misty instantly lift their hand up in the air. 

Brock: Look! That must be him!

Misty: He looks like a thief to me!

Y/N: Careful, guys! He's armed!

Pikachu and Eevee jump off of their trainer's shoulders and get ready to attack. Soon the same voice is heard again. 

???: Attack!

Everyone watches as a familiar dog-like creature leaps over them and lands in front of the thief. 

???: Sick em, Growlithe!

The thief tries to run away, but the Growlithe leaps and disarms him, as our heroes put down their arms in relief. Pikachu and Eevee also relax. Then Officer Jenny and two male officers show up and check on the thief. 

Officer Jenny: Are you okay?

Thief: Yeah, I am. I'd say that that practice went well.

Officer Jenny: Indeed. 

Our heroes are confused by how friendly she is with the thief. She then turns around and sees our heroes standing there confused. 

Officer Jenny: Huh?! What are you kids doing here in our training area? 

Brock: Training area?

Y/N: We were just passing through this forest on our way to Cinnabar Island. Then we heard someone yell out 'thief' and saw him jump out of the bushes.

Officer Jenny: Oh, he's not a thief. He's a police officer training our Canine Police Unit.

Misty: Canine Police?

Officer Jenny: Correct. 

She blows a whistle and a whole pack of Growlithe surround our heroes. 

Officer Jenny: These are police Pokemon.

Our heroes are confused even more. Y/N then pulled out his Pokedex. 

Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon. While loyal to its master, the Growlithe will drive away enemies by barking and biting.

Misty: I guess that must make Growlithe the perfect Pokemon for the police to use.

Y/N: You got that right.

Pikachu: Pika! 

Eevee: Vee!

Brock: The Canine Unit. These Growlithe pups are so well trained. And so cute, too.

As Brock bends down to pet one. The Growlithe starts growling, as if its about to attack, causing the gang to panic. 

Brock: Look out!

Misty: Oh no! They're not gonna bite us, are they?

Officer Jenny: Don't worry, the Growlithe won't bite unless I order them to attack. Growlithe, line up!

All the Growlithe immediately obey the command and line up in rows. 

Officer Jenny: These people are our new friends. Say hello, Canine Squad.