Chapter V: Act VI

Start from the beginning

Venti laughed. "Haha. No problem! I like taverns."

"Does this mean I'm out of the clear?" (Y/n) whispered in hope before freezing up when he felt Diluc's sharp glare on him.

'Nope. I'm not.' (Y/n) mused.

"Okay. Let's meet here tonight after the tavern closes."

✧˖*°࿐

Hours later, Aether and Paimon reappeared after taking a walk around Mondstadt.

"You're here." Venti piped up.

Jean gave a look of recognition. "Wait, you're... Traveler?"

Aether gave a questioning look. "Why is the Acting Grandmaster here?" He asked.

(Y/n) gave a quiet 'oof' as Paimon rushed into his arms and took her spot.

"Well, first of all, I contacted more than one person. Secondly, she came here as "Jean" herself, not as the Acting Grandmaster. A Jean you would never see, even as an Honorary Knight," Diluc states.

"What a surprise. I heard about the Holy Lyre, but I never suspected it was you. So, the sound of the Holy Lyre can purify Stormterror and return it to normal... Is that true?" Jean asked.

Venti nodded his head. "That's right! Your Honorary Knight is putting himself on the front line to try and resolve this Stormterror issue. Now that's the hotshot of the Knights of Favonius I'm talking about."

"Feels like we're breaking the law though," Paimon piped up from where she was in (Y/n)'s arms.

"Technically we are, but at the same time... we're not." (Y/n) mumbled out.

"I understand this kind of absurd explanation is hard to believe. But, we can ask the bard to play the song again to try and persuade–" Diluc was cut off.

"I believe you." Jean states.

"To persuade our stubborn comman– Wait, what?" Diluc questioned.

(Y/n) snickered quietly as he started running a hand through Paimon's hair, causing the said child to nuzzle up to the affection she was being given.

'She's my child now.' (Y/n) thought.

"I can't think of any reason for Dvalin's betrayal, given it was once one of The Four Winds. However, if it was poisoned in the battle over Mondstadt all those years ago... And then corrupted by the Abyss Mage after it woke up – we can't really blame it. But as Acting Grandmaster I obviously cannot make such a statement publicly. Diplomatic pressure from the Fatui makes it hard for us to seek a peaceful resolution to the Stormterror issue. People would think I've lost grip on the gravity of the situation. That's why I can only do this in private," Jean explained.

"Hmph. That's one of the reasons I don't like the Knights of Favonius. What surprises me is that you would believe an outlander so easily..." Diluc grumbled.

Jean glanced over at Diluc.

"My cautious and meticulous superior, even you trust him. Don't you, sir?" She asked.

Jean then turned towards (Y/n).

"You trust them as well, don't you, (Y/n)?" She asked once more.

Paimon gave a joyous look of awe as she looked up at the male.

(Y/n) just looked down at the ground, finding it interesting.

Diluc gave an annoyed sigh as he looked away. "I already told you not to call me sir... Never mind. We don't often get to work together after all.

"Sir?" Aether questioned.

Jean and Diluc remained quiet.

"Wow! Um... This is really awkward..." Paimon piped up.

(Y/n) slides the empty glass of apple juice and sits straight up. "That's a story for another time... Now. What do you recommend we should do, Jean?" He asked, turning his attention to Jean.

Paimon watched as (E/c) hues became cold and calculating, which amazed her even more.

Jean gave a thankful look to the (H/c)ette at changing the subject, a bit disturbed at the emotionless gaze that was staring at her.

"I have a rough idea of where the Holy Lyre der Himmel is." She states, changing the topic.

Venti looked between Jean and (Y/n). 'Nice recovery! She's really talented at changing the subject even if she did need (Y/n)'s help...'

"The conflict between Mondstadt and Snezhnaya stems from the conflict between the seven nations and their respective gods. The Cryo God's Fatui seem to be after the Anemo God's power," Jean explained.

Venti stayed silent, wondering why an old friend wanted his power.

"So they want to kill Dvalin?" Aether asked.

Jean nodded her head. "Right. If the Knights of Favonius publicly prevented an attempt on Dvalin's head, then... The only other way to affect the Anemo God's power is to take the Holy Lyre.

"The number of Fatui that have come to Mondstadt is far from limited. I've already managed to... coerce a few reports out of them," Diluc adds.

"Diluc has determined that the Holy Lyre is not being held in the Goth Grand Hotel. I imagine they don't want to leave something stolen in a place where it could be so easily found," Jean states.

Paimon tilted her head a bit. "Paimon gets it. If too much of a scene gets made then it becomes a big diplomatic issue," she piped up.

(Y/n) hummed. "Even if a huge scene was to be caused, there would be drama lasting for days between Mondstadt and the Fatui," he murmured.

"Hmph, such is the diplomacy between the seven nations." Diluc huffed out.

(Y/n) got up off the stool and made sure that Paimon was comfortable in his hold.

"Are you ready to go?" Diluc asked.

"Let's go!" Aether agreed.

✧˖*°࿐

A scared Fatui guard could be seen trembling in front of Aether, Paimon, and Diluc.

(Y/n) went somewhere else, but told the trio not to wait for him.

"No, NO! Don't eat me! Ah? You're... You're human? The entire floor's defenses... have been broken. I thought it was the Abyss Order attacking." The Fatui Guard states.

"We have come for the Holy Lyre der Himmel." Aether states.

"H–How did you guys know the lyre's here? The place it's being kept is locked up tight. If you're after the key, keep going further into the ruins, but d–don't come after me! I don't know which one of the guards has it, but I'm sure you can find the guards and find out for yourselves." The guard exclaimed.

"This guy looks like he's about to wet himself..." Paimon points out.

"Y–You just worry about yourselves! One of the Harbingers is already in Mondstadt. Signora. When she gets her hands on you, she's going to string you up and torture you. When that time comes, don't you dare say a word about me."

✧˖*°࿐

"Finally, the lyre is back in safe hands! Where did that guy go, though? He was here a second ago..." Paimon asked, looking around for the person that Diluc and Aether fought.

"Signora is going to end you. The songs bards sing of your demise will be so terrifying – the people of Mondstadt will never sleep again for the nightmares they give them," the runaway agent states from somewhere.

"Big talk for a guy who still ran off in the end... Chicken." Paimon huffed out.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝