Chapter 9

Just as Naruto thought before, he really did want bury himself alive instead of facing Sasuke right about now. But alas, they had once again run into each other on the way to school and now walked side by side with Naruto trying his best to not look at Sasuke with a cute dark blush on his cheeks, and Sasuke staring holes into Naruto, finding him absolutely lovable and adorable.

"So..", Sasuke began with a smirk, "I'm yours..?"

Naruto stopped in his tracks going red in the face, blushing beyond belief and Sasuke who had stopped right in front of him chuckled amusedly.

"You ass, you said you won't tease me offline! You promised! You liar!", Naruto exclaimed, whilst cutely pawing his right fist against Sasuke's chest, utterly embarrassed.

Sasuke smiled widely, completely content with his overflowing cuteness.

Sasuke gently proceeded to hold Naruto's hand in place against his chest, Naruto blushed even more -if that was possible- and felt how Sasuke's heart was beating just as fast as his own.

"Didn't you say you won't regret saying it?", Sasuke persisted with a cheerful smile.

"That doesn't mean you're allowed to tease me, dumbass", Naruto pouted, still looking anywhere but at Sasuke's face.

"You really won't look at me, huh", Sasuke chuckled.

"Can't help it...", Naruto trailed off shyly.

Sasuke felt like his face would have a permanent smile on it from now on. And he wasn't wrong.

After all, that very same day before they went back home, Naruto was the one who surprisingly ended up confessing first, and even went as far to ask Sasuke to date him and I quote, "Be only mine forever", according to Naruto's words.

Sasuke was indeed right about having a permanent smile on his face from here on out. After all, dating Naruto only made him happier by the second and fall even more in love with his blonde.

So, Surely they lived happily ever after, don't you think so too, folks? Because I certainly know that they did.

They spent the longest, healthiest, happiest lives as lovers, and husbands on the latter half of their lives.

Even though they were already happily together as a lovey dovey couple in their late 40's, it was around that time when the same gender marriages were legalized where they lived. And They still happily proceeded to get married as soon as it was legalized.

Because why not? They may have already been in their 40's, but they both loved each other more than anything and wanted to officially belong to each other, so they were ecstatic to finally be recognized as each other's family.

The dreamy feelings that they thought they would lose and held back on meeting each other offline, when they were only online friends all those years back. Those very same feelings only ever increased with each passing second they spent with the other.

And by the time they neared the end of their lives, they only had beautiful happy memories with the other that stayed highlighted in their minds, completely overshadowing the little difficulties and obstacles they'd faced.

The longer they lived the dreamier their lives got, as if they lived in a fantasy of their own and looking back at it at the very end, it was truly a fairytale like happily ever after for our beloved main protagonists.