𝐷𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑐

I've been barking at this photo for 13 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡⁠˖⁠꒰⁠ᵕ⁠༚⁠ᵕ⁠⑅⁠꒱

"Come on Y/n! Have a little fun, be social". Your friend and roommate, Margaret, whined as you stared at her with dead eyes. You weren't a party person, but you would go to a couple once a decade to be social. "I suppose a little party would be okay". You slurred out as you rubbed your face. "Oh goody! But we're not going to a party, it's a pub" "A what-". Parties were fine, but pubs?!

You wanted to wear an outfit that wasn't too revealing but gave off confidence. Once you walked out, Margaret was wearing a ruby red skirt, with a black spaghetti strap, and a corset. "You look lovely. You sure you'll be okay there?" She nodded fixing her hair and eyelashes.

You looked at your purple eyebags and sloppy mascara. You grabbed your black, puffy headphones so if the music messed with you, you could place them on. You both grabbed your stuff and headed out to your car. "Can I have the aux this time? I promise no popular TikTok songs." "Alright, fine." Maggie connected her phone to the wire and started playing "Wet - By Dazey and the scouts".

After yelling the lyrics at the top of your lungs while people gave you two stares, you got to the bar. You walked behind Maggie the whole way up and into the Bar. You two sat on a bar stool as Maggie ordered you both a shirley temple as you picked the dirt out of your nails.

After you ate some cherries and had a couple of sips of your drink, it began to turn 10:00pm. Everyone started dancing and drinking or smoking more. You eventually put your headphones on to cancel the noise and laid your head in your hands.

When you close your eyes, you didn't know that now three pairs were on you. The bartender, noticed that you closed your eyes so he covered your drink with a napkin and stood near you. Mason, who was creeping on you. He thought you were pretty good looking, but with a couple of drinks, he was unpredictable.

Then Wilbur, he was a pair of eyes that have always been around you. Always watching. He didn't mean to meet you here at a pub, But he was glad that he did. It was closer than he usually got to see you. He eventually saw Mason's lustful look at you and boiled up.

You got up to go find Maggie. You stood up and looked to see her hanging out with a quite charming looking man. She looked happy and very touchy so you didn't bother messing with her future sugar daddy. Before you went to sit down, you felt a hand on your shoulder and snapped your head back, making your headphones fall to your shoulders.

"Heeey pretty lady". You cringed at his breath and words. "Leave me alone. I'm not interested in what you're trying to 'sell'." You sat down and turned away from him. "Come on, baby girl". You laughed in his face making him look in confusion.

"HeY bAbYgIrL, hOp iN mY hOt RiDe." You laughed mocking him. He placed his drink down and shoved you back, holding you there. "You know, I love your smile, but not when you're being a bratty asshole. It changes".

"Hey, fuck off dude".

A tall man towered over him as he turned. "The fuck are you gonna do?" "Nothing if you leave them alone". Wilbur placed his hand on Mason's chest and pushed him back. Then put an arm behind you, letting it rest on the bar.
"Do you wanna fucking go bro?!" The bartender looked up, tired of maybe another bar fight beginning.

The man started getting as close as he could to the brunette gentleman. You kinda zoned out between the two. You snapped back into reality when you heard the brunettes fist slam against the other man, sending him to the floor.

At this point, the bartender and his manager were telling the group of men- well boys, to head out because they didn't want someone who doesn't know what consent is or to escalate the fight.

You looked at the brunette looking at the weak man, then at you. "Oh! Uh- I'm sorry about that. I mean he said that you'd sleep with him any day, so I got mad he was disrespecting you". You looked at him and hugged him. "Thank you very much sir. You were the best help I could've gotten". He hugged you back replying with "No problem" and other things while smiling.

"Hey uh, do you mind if we exchange numbers? I know you just met me, but you looked very cute and peaceful resting your head in your hands a while ago". You eyed him up and down and nodded. You both gave your phones to each other and gave each other your numbers.

"By the way, what even is your name?" You choked out. "It's Wilbur. Yours?" He already knew your name, but didn't want to seem suspicious or anything.

"Y/n." "That's a beautiful name Y/n. I hope to know you more." "Wait!" Wilbur turned around as you pulled up your camera. "I wanna take a picture of you. To remember!" How could you forget a face like his?

He knelt down and smiled, putting an arm around you. You put an arm around his waist and smiled.

Click

"Okay, I'll see you soon, Y/n." "Goodbye Wilbur!" You waved away. Maggie eventually came over and looked excited, "You finally got a boy! At a bar!? AND HE PROTECTED YOU FROM A CREEP?! You're one lucky star Y/n".

"Yeah, I guess I am."