The Training Session

Start from the beginning

I got up, "You're obviously going to think whatever you want to think, however I want you to remember that only one person gets out of this alive. You think that if... Braven and you were the last ones standing that he wouldn't kill you?" I didn't wait for her to respond before I went over and sat in my seat just as the intercom called her into training. I watched her send me a nervous look before walking in. Oh. So I'd rattled her as well. That would probably make her score lower, I realized.

"What did you do?" A cold voice demanded from behind me. I turned around to see Karen! She was talking to me! My mood lifted like a.... like a.... I'm not quite sure, but something that lifts very high up. "What did you tell that poor girl?" She asked again glowering at me.

"Hello Karen!" I smiled trying to make brain worked. "The girl? The blonde one that just went into her session? I told her that I heard her district partner planning to backstab her in the bloodbath." I shrugged, I was about to add that I had lied about it for our love, but she cut me off.

She furrowed her brow, "That was actually very nice of you. Most people here would have just let him kill her." I pursed my lips. I should probably tell her he wasn't planning on killing her in the first place, that I'd made that up so theoretically 20 would stab 10 before he stabbed her, then that would be one less person to worry about.

"Would Mark Titus please enter the training facility?" The voice from the intercom cut me off before I could tell her. Oh well. I could tell her some other time. Perhaps. No, rather unlikely.

I stood up and walked over to the heavy metal doors and pushed my way through, entering the large empty room. It was nervous- no It made me nervous. That was right. My footsteps echoed as I walked into the center of the room twitching my thumbs.

The gamemakers peered down at me disinterested, "You have 7 minutes to display your greatest skills." She said taking a large slug of whatever was in her cup and then peering down at a handheld device.

My eye twitched. Why wouldn't she look at me? Stiffly I walked over to the traps and began assembling them with ease. I glanced at the gamemakers who still didn't look at me. I frowned. They were supposed to be watching. But they weren't. Like my dad. My dad never looked at me. Said I looked too much like mom.

I frowned slightly feeling a crushing weight in my chest. That was sadness I was moderately sure. I didn't have time for sadness. I glowered and I knocked all of my traps to the ground, suddenly I was irrate. I got to my feet and screamed in rage, my voice filling the room like a blow horn. I ran over to the weapons and grabbed a sword and then charged the dummy. "Look! At! Me!" I screamed slashing the dummy with each stroke of my blade.

I was going to kill the dummy. It was going to die.

Each slash burned my arms from the force, but I loved it. The burn served me right, I was a terrible human being. With a cry I flung the sword at the dummy next to me's head. I laughed gleefully as it pegged the stupid thing right in the forehead. Served it right. Served us right. I continued laughing, I couldnt stop laughing. My sides hurt and I felt myself double over.

"Umm. Mark Titus thank you... for that interesting display." I looked over at the head gamemaker who stared at me with a strangled look on her face. I noticed that several of the gamemakers had dropped their drinks. I didn't care though. It served the drinks right for distracting the gamemakers from me!