I pretend to seem nonchalant about it. I mean to be honest this is the best case scenario right now. It means Jiho hasn't been kicked out of anything and we still get to perform together. Just with the added people. 

I turn to Rachel, wondering if JinJin's investor uncle had something to do with her involvement here. Granted Rachel is one of the best vocalists in the group but she's already doing a duet Simon. 

Couldn't they have picked anyone else?

"Rachel, aren't you already occupied with your duet with Simon?" Ms Noh is currently my favourite person for thinking the exact same thing. 

She smiles meekly and then sneaks a glance at Jiho. "They said I would be suited better here and Grace will be replacing me for that song." 

Ms Noh just stares at the three of them, her face blank. "That is a lot of last minute changes. I hope you guys are ready for an all nighter. We need to be perfect before recording tomorrow." 

"Of course. Anything for Firefly," Rachel says diplomatically as she slides into the seat next to me, her face gleeful. 

The fact that she has the biggest crush on Jiho makes this all the more awkward. It's like a weird love triangle scenario currently playing out before my eyes that is causing me to scratch my arm in irritation. 

"I'm so sorry everyone. I'm really deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused," Jiho bows a few times before he takes a seat next to Ms Noh, which is the furthest from me. Silver takes a seat next to him and nods at the rest of us in greeting. 

"Who was the mystery girl anyway? Your girlfriend?" Mr Wan asks Jiho in a friendly tone, earning a scowl from Ms Noh. 

"You're not supposed to talk about it." She admonishes.

"She's just a cousin who visited for a few days and I took her to the night market nearest to our dorms." Jiho lies so effortlessly it's equal parts unnerving and amazing. "The company has already released the statement, backed by my parents of course." 

He must have very understanding parents then. Mine would have my head on a stick by now. I've always belly ached to them about how hard my life has been as a trainee. The only replies I usually get from my mother are 'you better not be dating then'. As if that is the only thing to be worrying about. 

"Good. Good," Ms Noh sighs. "Now we'd better get started." 

The next few hours consist of us splitting up the verses further and running through them. Jiho and Rachel go through their vocals and harmonising while I work with Silver on the rap. 

With the help of both Ms Noh and Mr Wan we manage to get it done by evening with just some perfecting and group harmonising to go through. 

No one looks like they're tired or hungry. All of us want to get this right by tonight before our recording tomorrow. Mr Yang, the execs and producers will be there and we need to be perfect for them. 

"Jina, we have a vocal lesson scheduled right now. Shall we get to that?" Mr Wan suddenly interrupts, making everyone fall silent. 

"Does she really need it now?" Ms Noh asks, the irritation in her voice evident. 

I turn to him in shock, I'd completely forgotten about our one on one training session. 

"It's been logged in and you know how the company is about keeping to schedule Ms Noh. I'll have Jina back in thirty minutes." Mr Wan's persistence is really creeping me out and I look to Ms Noh to save me.

"Alright fine. We'll be waiting for you Jina. Don't be late." 

This is the first time Jiho dares to look at me the entire day and his face is filled with worry.