My mind shifts to Mrs. Russell. I don't have the strength to handle her because I know she will soon be here so I should leave before she comes.

"Jayden is a strong man", he murmurs more to himself as he watches his friend's sleeping face. "I admire how strong he is."

I want to ask him what he means by being strong. What is he implying with these strange words?

Jayden stirs again and he flutters his eyes open to meet my gaze. Slowly, he shifts them to Gabriel and his face breaks into a smile.

"I thought you left", his voice is hoarse. He tries to sit up and I quickly rise to help him.

"Thank you," he says and I nod.

"I just got here", Gabriel replied while I sit back on the chair, thinking of my decision and how to put it to him.

Gabriel isn't new to the fact that we are just married on paper so it won't be a big deal to talk about it in his presence.

"How was your night?"

"It was fine."

"Do you feel hungry?" He asks Jayden and Jayden shakes his head. "Isabella told us you haven't been eating well."

Jayden watches me but I can't figure out what he is thinking of me right now and I wish I can.

"Don't worry, I will eat when I am hungry", he says in a low tone.

Silence falls and he rests his head on the headboard with his eyes closed.

"Was Sabrina already pregnant the last time we met?" He asks out of the blue and Gabriel looks as shocked as I am.

"Yes", he clicks his tongue, not saying any more words.

Jayden opens his eyes. "Then why didn't you tell me? I should have congratulated her over the phone."

He shrugs nonchalantly. "Now you know."

"Don't be silly!" Jayden growls at him and Gabriel laughs.

"I didn't tell you on purpose. I know you don't like topics like that and I saw no reason why I should inform you when you will end up knowing once the belly starts to protrude. I can't tell you because you don't like the topic of babies and I would rather tell someone who would appreciate our efforts."

Gabriel is smiling but Jayden's face has turned into a scowl. Suddenly, he looks sad.

Well, I am actually reading more meaning to what Gabriel said. I would be hurt too if I was told the same thing. But it isn't Gabriel's fault. Jayden doesn't like the topic of babies so why should he be informed first?