Chapter Sixty: Love Me Forever Part 3

Começar do início

"Why?"

"She lost her mother to Mafia wars. She said she won't be with me if I stay in the Mafia. My father wouldn't have it. He was angry. Nevertheless I stood my ground until she was murdered in my arms. When I lost her and my sons, I suddenly understood what my father had been telling me. We have to protect the ones we love and the only way is to be in control." He paused. "I set out on  course of revenge. I took so many lives in the pursuit of revenge. My tenure as godfather was founded on blood. I was angry. Very angry. After that, maybe four or five years down the line I started to calm down. What you see is what I am when I'm calm. I'm not the same person when I am angry. This is not the godfather. I'm just Marcelle and when the Mafia is involved I'm something else entirely. I didn't want you to ever know that side of me because you are as pure as hell man beings can get. You're nothing but light and I got out of that life because I didn't want your light to be consumed by darkness. I didn't want you to change. But if anyone threatens to hurt you, I will be a monster to protect you."

I feel overwhelmed by what he has said. I wrapped my arms around him without hesitation. I want him to feel accepted and loved. He must trust me to tell me all these things.

"I'm sorry that you had to make those choices." I pulled away to hold his face in my hands. "I want you to know it doesn't change anything in me. I love you still, even more because you are honest. That's all I want. Honesty."

"I promise I'll give you nothing but honesty." We shared a brief kiss before he pulled away. "Don't take too long to marry me."

He walked by my father on his way out.

"Wow! That was honest." He sighed.

"You heard him."

"I made sure no one else would." He walked over to me. "Such purity related to such darkness and I'm not just talking about Marcelle. I'm not a saint either. But that is a story for another day. You look stunning! Absolutely stunning! The most beautiful bride this damn world has ever seen!"

"Daddy stop it. You will make my cry." I fanned my face and gave it a moment for the excitement not to spill through my eyes.

"I'm here to walk you down the aisle and flaunt you as I do it. My perfect little girl." He kissed my forehead. "I love you so much!"

"I love you too!"

"Ready? Marcelle is already down there! Hi Signor Tancredi!" Marcella cane to us. She hugged my father. He held her close.

"It looks like you are in charge today."

"Oh no! Maia and Ella are in charge." She laughed.

They seem close.

"I have known this one since she gave me a flower when I met her." My father explained it to me. "How old were you?"

"Four or five? It was right here in this house!"

"And ever since we have quite the friends, haven't we?"

"Yes we have. Are you ready?"

"Si. I am as ready as I will ever be."

"Then let's walk you down the aisle to your husband to be." E looked my arms with his.

As soon as I set foot outside the bedroom, the cameras started flashing. My right bridesmaids gathered around me and my father for the first official wedding photo.

I can feel it. It's going to be be a good day.

We continued on, out to through the back door. It's a great view of the garden where the gold chairs are gleaming in the mid morning sun. The white sheer like fabrics attached to the back of the chairs are gently floating in the light breeze. My bridesmaids and his groomsmen are walking down the aisle. With each step of distance between me and them, I can't help but feel overwhelmed. I want to run to him and get there as fast as possible. But I also would like to make this elegant and that means sticking to the rehearsal.