Winter Break - Ch. 28

Start from the beginning

And she continued. She went on, explaining every little detail he took to memory and every way he showed he cared.

He held me when my parents saw me as an outcast.

He defended me against his mother.

He keeps me grounded.

He keeps me feeling alive.

He thinks of my comfort before his.

He puts me first.

And the whole time, she kept her eyes on her a cup, a gentle smile spreading across her face. She didn't have to think of what to say... they just poured out. And she only realized then how much his actions meant to her. How much he meant to her.

Silence followed. Hermione wasn't sure if they were still there. She looked up and found all eyes on her.

"You've fallen in love with him"Ginny said.

"You have" Astoria grinned.

"You haven't told him, have you?" Pansy asked.

"No..." Hermione shook her head. Her eyes scanned over them, "and neither will any of you"

A nod from each helped Hermione relax, leaning back against the chair. "Now... how're you and Neville?"Hermione grinned at Pansy.

-:-:-:-

They were stared at when they entered the three broomsticks. No one could blame them... they were an odd group. One death eater, one Voldemort helper, one civil, one chosen one, one almost-chosen one, one Weasley and a hufflepuff.

"7 butterbeers please-" Harry began.

"3 whiskeys"Theo corrected. "3 whiskeys and 4 butterbeers"

Harry raised an eyebrow but didn't object. They got a table and the Slytherins sat on one side while the Gryffindors sat on the other. Ernie sat at the end of the table.

Draco sat between Theo and Blaise and Ron sat between Harry and Neville. They were face to face, both glaring.

Harry cast the Muffliato charm around them as Ernie cleared his throat. "So... how are things going with your wives?"

The 6 turned to him, Gryffindors amused. "What else is there to talk about? The only thing the 7 of us have in common is Quidditch and the marriage law"

"I'd say things are well"Blaise began, shrugging. "She's staying for the break but we'll be spending a week at my mother's in a few days and then a week at her father's"

"Good luck with that"Ron scoffed.

"And you, Draco?"Blaise shifted the conversation. Harry narrowed his eyes, knowing exactly what Blaise was doing. He smirked in return.

"We're meeting my mother tomorrow"Draco said calmly, his eyes wandering over to the bar.

"At the manor?" Harry questioned.

"Aren't we having dinner on the 6th?"Theo asked.

"Yes and we are. She'd like dinner with me and Granger first"

"Hermione wouldn't want to go there two days in a row" Ron snapped.

Draco's eyes moved to him, an eyebrow raised. "I believe I know what my wife wants, Weasley"