Ch. 24: Epilogue, Just the Two of Us

A few days later, Luz woke up at the Owl House. Luz looked around and saw she was in her room, dressed in her normal clothes with all of her limbs attached.

'Guys, how long was I out?' Luz thought to the nanobots.

"2 days. But during that time, the damage done by Alador has been repaired, all of your new weapons have been integrated, and your new magic system is fully operational." The nanobots said to Luz.

"Great... tell me about that later." Luz said trying to get up, "Why are my joints locked?"

"Edalyn requested this, she wants to make sure you don't do something before you're fully healed." The Nanobots said, "We will send the group a signal that you're awake."

"Group?" Luz asked.

"Yes, the group. Once we returned, they set up a "group chat" on their scrolls to keep tabs on how everyone is recovering. It's been mostly about you and Amity from Nathan and Lilith." The Nanobots said.

"Amity? Her arm!" Luz said as she tried to her up, wanting to check on her, "Can you at least unlock my waist so I can sit up!?"

"Would you not try to worm crawl your way out of the room?" The nanobots asked.

"GUYS!" Luz shouted at her nanobots.

"Alright, very well. Your waist joints are now unlocked." They said to her.

Luz sat up, stretching her back.

"You would think that having a metal spine would prevent me from having a sore back."

Luz didn't get a reply as the door was kick open and Eda was there with a smile on her face.

"You're awake! Thank Titan!" She said as she walked to Luz and hugged her.

"Yeah... I'm awake." Luz said, "What happened since I was asleep?"

"Well, you killed Alador and Odalia." Eda said, "And the small Blight... well... she wants to show you personally."

Eda left and returned with Amity. Amity looked normal, until Luz noticed that her hand was now purple. Amity raised her sleeve, revealing an arm made of Abomination goo.

"Before you blame yourself, Odalia pulled the trigger, you didn't do it." Amity said, "As for the arm, your dad made it. It's a combination of Abomination goo and nanotech."

"Nanotech? So you're-"

"Like you." Amity said, "I can even talk to the nano... bot... things."

"I.....that's amazing." Luz said as she smiled. "I never thought there would be anyone else like me in either world."

'I guess.....I'm not alone anymore.' Luz thought as she felt her other joints unlocking.

Amity held out her new arm and Luz put her hand on it. Amity pulled her up and the two looked at each other. Two Cyborgs, Luz finally felt happy to have someone she can relate to, but at the same time, upset because of how it happened.

"I'm glad you're alright." Amity said as she lead Luz downstairs. And everyone is going to be too when they see you."

"Is... is my dad here?" Luz asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"There's something important we need to do."

Later, Camila heard a knock on the door. She opened it and gasped.

"Hi, mom, I'm back." Luz said, "I'm sorry I-"

Luz was cut off when she was wrapped in a hug.

"¡Oh, mi dulce bebé! ¿Dónde has estado todo este tiempo?" Camila shouted in happiness, crying a bit.

"It's... a long story." Luz said, "But pretty much, I found somewhere that I fit in, a place that have people that are... different. I... I also found someone."

As soon as she heard that, Camila saw a hooded figure walk up the steps. He stood up and slowly lowered the hood.

"Hello, Camila."

"N... Nathan?" She said, shocked, "You... you're alive."

Camila nearly collapsed, but Nathan managed to catch her. The two stared at each other for a good minute, before they slowly leaned in and shared a long kiss, something both have longed for since they were taken from each other. Luz smiled, wiping a tear away. Sure, her and Nathan would be heading back to the Demon Realm, but they would visit, they would call... nothing was going to break up this family again. If anyone tries... Luz will unleash everything the Blight's gave her on that person. That's a promise.