Ch. 17: Our First Friend

Hours later, Luz's body vitals appeared before she opened her eyes.

"Miss Lilith, she's awake!" Emira said.

Looking around her, Luz saw she was back at Lilith's mansion and laying on a couch. After she suddenly shut down, they brought her back out of worry and to make sure she was okay.

"How long was I out?" Luz asked as Lilith, Amity, and Edric came to them.

"Three hours." Lilith said, "Are you feeling, okay? What happened?"

"It seems that my systems overloaded from using more than one type of magic." Luz said as she rubbed her head.

"Systems?" Emira asked her. "What do you mean by systems?"

Luz let out a sigh, having known this would have to be said sooner or later but she wishes it could've been much later.

"Remember what I said about not being 100% human?" Luz asked them, "Open chest cavity."

With a surprising yelp as steam came from her chest, everyone watched as Luz's chest opened like two doors to reveal what they assumed was a human heart with metal and wiring around it!

'I.....I never thought she would be a cyborg THIS much!' Lilith thought in shock, needing to report his to Nathan and Belos.

"Y-You're a robot?" Edric asked in shock.

"Actually, cyborg. Half flesh and half technology but...mostly technology now." Luz said with some guilt.

Luz closed the chest cavity and stood up, stumbling a little. She was fully expecting them to panic and call her a freak.

"I... I'll just go." Luz said.

Luz took only one step before she stumbled again, almost falling before she was caught by someone.

"No, stay. You still need to rest." Amity said, holding Luz in her arms before setting her back in the couch.

"I... I don't want to." Luz said.

"There's a reason for that, isn't there?" Lilith asked, "You're afraid of how we're reacting to your secret, aren't you?"

Luz looked at her hand a little, clenching and unclenching it.

"An accident caused my dad, a brilliant scientist, to inject me with nanobots to save me. Over the years, they've changed me more than just physically." Luz said as she looked up and pointed to her head. "They also made me a lot smarter, smart enough to push.....most people away because they HATE how smart you are."

"That's stupid." Amity said, "Why would someone push another away because of what makes them who they are? Anyone that did that to you must've been a dumbass."

"Amity!" Lilith scolded, but Amity didn't care.

"Thanks but it's just human nature. Most alienate what they don't understand, it's actually been the cause of a LOT of wars. Anyway, combine my smart mind with my weird tastes like magic and Azura, everyone my age avoided me like a plague." Luz said sadly.

"What's wrong with Azura/magic?" Everyone asked.

"We'll, most people just don't like it as much as I do, and real magic doesn't exist on Earth. Most people outgrow believing in magic but I just never did, and it wasn't because of the tiny machines in my body." Luz said.

"I just... I just wonder if my life would be different if I was an actual Human, and not filled with metal, wires, and oil."

Luz was then hugged, surprising her, as she looked to see it was Amity. Luz slowly wrapped her arms around Amity. Amity knew what it was like to have to push someone away, and it was the worst thing that's ever happened to her.