𝟎𝟎𝟗 Nightmare

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Ⅸ 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆

V OPENED THE VAN DOOR, HOLDING HIS HAND OUT FOR RORY TO PUSH HERSEF UP. Once she was inside V quickly followed. "You can't travel through here in a car," V spoke up, his cane in his hand.

"Yeah, we know, " Nero spoke quietly. "We're just watin' on you guys. There's only one way up that tree. Hang on, I'll get ready." V nodded softly before moving his attention to Rory who still held her side.

"Let me see your side," V requested, resting his cane next to the doorframe. Rory sighed and pulled her shirt off. V tilted his head and grabbed something cold from the mini freezer and pressed it to her side. Dark red and blue scattered lines ran up her side and back.

"What the hell did you do?" Nico shouted, rushing to Rory.

"He didn't do anything, I just wasn't quick enough," Rory sighed, taking the makeshift ice pack from V. "I need another shirt, got one?" Rory asked, looking up at Nico. V gave a final look at Rory, his fingers lingering for a second before moving to sit in the open doorway.

"I'm glad to see you look so well," V spoke up, looking at Lady from the side of his eye.

"You too I guess," Lady mumbled looking away.

V sighed and held the demon piece up. "I found these. If they're of any use to you, they're yours," V called and Nico tossed the shirt at Rory's face and snatched the demon horn from V's hand. Rory set the shirt on the counter and continued to cast a healing spell.

"Wow! I can make something truly awesome out of this," Nico exclaimed with a smile. V grabbed his cane and stood up, walking away.

"Shocker... Can we trust him?" Lady questioned as Nero grabbed his sword.

"Your guess is as good as mine. He might be useful though," Nero admitted. He paused and turned his head to look down at Lady. "Enough talking, get some rest. You need it. Come on Red."

Lady looked down, nodding softly. Rory tossed away the now warm ice pack on the counter and pulled on the black shirt Nico grabbed for her. "Hey, Rory," Nico called tossing Rory her jacket.

"Thanks," Rory smiled.

"Hey, Rory..." Lady called softly looking up at her. "Be safe around V."

"He saved my life, a few times actually..." Rory spoke up, thinking back. "I think we can trust him."

"You're just saying that cuz he's got the hots for ya," Nico called slamming something on her workshop counter.

Rory rolled her eyes and jumped from the van, slamming the door behind her. Rory jogged and caught up to the boys, pulling the jacket over her shoulders. "Splitting up again?" Rory questioned, looking between the two boys.