Chapter 28: A Hammer in a Room Full of Nails

Start from the beginning

Gryphon retaliated with a swing of his sword and a red spike flew from the blade, causing Hazel's aura to shimmer. The Guardian tilted his head as an idea arrived. He slammed his blade against his shield, a crimson wave exploding him each time.

The wave seemed to have no influence on the others in the room, but Hazel seemed to fly into a frenzy. He charged Gryphon, frothing at the mouth as Gryphon got into a ready stance.

Hazel's fist slams against the Crusader shield, barely making it budge an inch even with the help of gravity dust before Gryphon retaliates with two slashes across the chest.

Hazel's aura fizzled out, causing him to suddenly recoil in pain as his semblance failed him.

With a triumphant smirk, Gryphon's Crusader sword turns into a Hammer of Sol. He throws the weapon with as much force as he can muster and it bounces off of Hazel's head while Gryphon catapult launched into the air to catch his hammer before slamming it down on Hazel's head.

The giant man falls to the ground unconscious. Gryphon huffs, actually actually a little disappointed.

Gryphon: Practically unstoppable until his Aura gives way. What a nerf.

Taking advantage of the distraction like any pirate would, Skylar sucker punches Emerald and knocked her out cold.

Shae gives her a critical look to which she shrugged before focusing on Gryphon.

Skylar: About time you showed up! Where the hell have you been?!

Gryphon: I had to visit home for a little bit and get some things as well as helping some friends out of a small jam.

Juno: This is all well and good, but Cinder slipped past us! She going after the vault!

Gryphon: I saw. She won't make it though.

Gryphon had a knowing smile while the rest stared on in confusion. Gryphon eventually grabbed Hazel's unconscious form by the leg and chucks him outside with a care, adding the the collective confusion.

|>—>—>—><—<—<—<|

Rachnera laughs as she leaps from web to web attacking Yang from all sides with her kusarigama. Yang, being forced to stand still due to all of the webbing, has no choice but to stand and block the attacks as best she can.

Yang: Damn it! I can't have much Aura after all of this. She agile, so she'll be able to dodge my shots easily. Even with all that, she has used her semblance. My main problem is...these damn webs!

In a flare of agitation, Yang's semblance bursts to life in a fusion of Solar Light and burns away some of the webs near her. Seeing this beings a triumphant grin to Yang's face.

Yang: I've been so caught up in just fighting that I forgot how much my Arsenal has grown! It's on now!

Yang roars as she casts her Solar Worldbreaker, manifesting a pair of gauntlets made of Solar Light that go all the way to her shoulders like armor.

She blasts into the air, surprising Rachnera as she uses her web to maneuver in midair and dodge Yang's attack only for the flaming Guardian to deftly fly through the air using the blasts from her gauntlets and place herself right in Rachnera's way.

With their momentum, Yang grabs Rachnera by the shoulders and spins her around to take the full force of the hit as the slam into the side of a building. Yang blasts Rachnera point blank which sends the Faunus through the stone wall as well as Yang flying back from the recoil but she blasts forward again, hitting the wood floor with a roll before tackling her through a series of walls before bursting through another stone wall leading to another street.