Chapter 10: Of Light and Darkness

A note before we begin. I know I wrote in the existence of Gryphon's Fireteam, but I can't find a place they would fit in. So I'm going to retcon the idea entirely. Now, onto the Banished Guardian.

Chapter 9 Synopsis:
Gryphon returned to Vale to find it bustling with life. The Vytal Festival had begun. Gryphon got the girl some food and water and asked for her name, but she refused and asked for him to name her. Eventually settling on Lux Daybreak, Gryphon then takes her to get new clothes and lets her pick them out herself. As they leave Vale to return to Beacon, he fails to notice that they're being watched by the red cat faunus who relays their actions to Adam personally yet reluctantly. Adam asks to send Gryphon a message at the end of the tournament because he wants to meet.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

Nix and Imperia were chosen to fight in the doubles and their opponents were Coco and Yatsuhashi.

BBS Announcer: In the final doubles match of the day, allow me to introduce...The Goddess of Darkness and her Divine Shield, Cloudburst's leader and second! NIX CARMEN AND IMPERIA BYZANTIUM!!

Imperia waved and blew kisses at the crowd as the two of them entered while Nix blocked the crowd from sight, embarrassment coloring her face. They stopped on their side of the arena and waited as the announcer spoke again.

BBS Announcer: Here come their opponents, the Queen of Fashion and the Gentle Giant! COCO ADEL AND YATSUHASHI DAICHI!!

The crowd was filled with applause as Coco and Yatsuhashi made their way to the arena. Yatsuhashi gave Nix a respectful bow and she did the same while Imperia and Coco smirked at one another.

The selected biomes were Storming beach and Burning forest.

Coco: I think it's about time we proved who the best team of upperclassmen is.

Imperia: Sure, if you feel like losing so badly.

Yatsuhashi takes Fulcrum from his back as he readies himself.

Yatsuhashi: I've been meaning to battle you again.

Nix takes hold of her own sword, Kage Ryuutin, the katana she had placed on her hip.

Nix: To a good clean fight then. I promise to leave your weapon intact. This time.

From the stands, Shae was sitting with RWBY and JNPR while Skylar said she was going to look for some popcorn.

Ruby: I don't even know who to root for!

Yang: Kick their butts, Imperia!