[27: Nasty Fish]

Warning!

This chapter will contain spoilers from the Swordsmith village arc and spoilers about the Demon Slayer characters! 

So if you haven't read the manga then I suggest you read it first before you proceed!

But if you have, then go ahead and enjoy the story. 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

'My vision is starting to blur. Dying... already out of air.'

'You're the only one who can decide your fate.' 

'But there's no point in telling me that.' 

'Things will work out. Don't give up. Someone will come to save you for sure.'

'What the? So I have to depend on someone else in the end? That's the worst-case scenario.' 

'You can only do so much when you're alone. That's why people have to work together and support each other.'

'Nobody's going to save me. they're all weaker than me, I should've worked harder but I made a mental error. I subconsciously overestimated my strength because I was a pillar.' 

Muichiro kept on thinking about how he failed as a hashira and that he will die soon, but suddenly, someone pierced the water ball he was in. 

"You can't die!! Come on, Tokitou-san, I'll get you outta there for sure!" A young boy that he met earlier on started stabbing the water ball with a small knife. "What the hell is this thing? It's so boingy and gross!" 

Muichiro started thinking about how this boy won't be able to cut through the water ball since he as well, can't do it. Then the hashira noticed that a demon fish is coming toward the small boy, making him shout but to no avail. 

The boy was cut by his arms and shoulders, he was also stabbed in his solar plexus, which is a human's vital point making him lose more blood. Muichiro started thinking about how this boy should've just run away and helped the village chief, but he also remembered what Tanjiro said. 

"Helping other people also ends up being beneficial for you. People are living creatures who can draw out unbelievable strength for someone else's sake, Muichiro." 

"Yeah, I know." 

"Breath of the Mist, Second form: Layered Mist!" 

Muichiro broke out of the water ball and started coughing, he took out all of the needles off of his face and went to the little boy. "K-Kotetsu-kun..." He murmured, holding the little boy in his arms. 

While holding the boy, a fish came at them that he easily slashed, he started coughing again realizing that there is water in his lungs. He started remembering the death of his parents and his past, remembering that he was alone... 

NO! 

He wasn't alone! 

He has a twin! 

ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ ʚɞ

Muichiro remembered his whole past and how they were sabotaged by a demon, how he felt when his brother was hurt. The intense rage and the intense strength he felt. He remembered the meaning of his name, the last words of his brother.