Chapter Three: A Magical Exam

(A/N: Lots of pictures for this chapter, almost hit the limit this time. Leave a comment of any kind of constructive criticism of anything else. Buh-bye!)

Royal Capital; Castle Town Kikka

Our heroes had finally reached the Royal Capital and were currently exploring the castle town of Kikka. Lines of shops and stands with people using magic to display their wares amazed the Hage Brothers as they made their way to the place where the Magic Knight Entrance Exams were being held. Many people walked by, either minding their own business or heading towards the exam.

Asta was fascinated with every little thing they passed by, even a guy using magic to peel an apple.

"Man, this place is even busier than when me and grandma visited this place last time. Must be nice to live near a place with so much excitement." Y/n said as he looked around.

"You've been here before?" Yuno asked.

"Aye. Passed by here to deliver an order to some noble. Didn't know their first name but their last was Sil-something. Never paid attention."

They stopped in front of a store window.

"Wow! They have so many different kinds of staves and items!" Then he saw the price. "But they're so expensive!"

"And those swords don't even look like they're worth that much." Y/n held his chin as he examined the swords.

Yuno walked to the two. "It's so different from our village."

They then turned their attention to the large castle that overlooked all the towns in the capital.

"Is that where the Wizard King lives?"

"And the king as well." Yuno said.

"Does anyone really care about him?" Y/n pondered. "Ah, doesn't matter. I'll be up in that castle soon enough."

"No way! That's my castle, Y/n!" Asta yelled at the male.

"It's mine, you mean."

Y/n walked past Asta, holding a playful smile. "Don't fret you two, they'll be some space for you guys to live there."

"Oi! Don't walk away!"

Yuno let a small smile come to his face. "That's my line."

Some crying was heard and made the boys turn to the sound.

The lady left with her train of kids

The lady left with her train of kids. It vaguely reminded the three of them of the kids back at the church. Well, they'd just have to write them once they passed the exam.

"I'm sure Sister and the others are lonely now that I'm gone."

"Don't act like a cool guy. It doesn't suit you." Y/n said as he and Yuno began to walk away, prompting Asta to catch up to them.