Chapter Two: Farewells And Fancy Captials!

(A/N: This one is slightly shorter than the last one but still long. Also, I accidentally published this early by accident when trying to save, so sorry if you got a notification earlier.)

Hage

The sight of a ginormous demon skull that was Hage's landmark was all that was seen as it obscured the setting sun's direct light.

"Nine hundred and ninety-five!"

Asta's loud voice broke the silence as thudding accompanied his shout.

"Nine hundred and ninety-six! Nine hundred and ninety-seven!"

Following the sounds showed Asta shirtless as he slashed his odd sword at the skeletal remains of the demon that once ravaged the Clover Kingdom.

"Nine hundred and ninety-eight!"

The bone was littered with cuts from Asta's training session. A testament to the hard work the short male put in after receiving his grimoire merely yesterday.

"Nine hundred and ninety-nine!"

Asta raised his sword once more and slashed the bone pillar once again, generating sparks.

"One thousand!" Asta cried out.

He panted tiredly as his hands were kept in the same position after the slash. A sweat drop fell from his chin.

Asta didn't give himself time to rest as he chugged some of his special moguro leaf juice, which was supposed to increase one's mana--a trait that was utterly useless for the peasant as he had no magic. He offered some of the tortuous juice to a nearby anti-magic bird but it flew away.

After questioning the action, Asta laid down on the ground as he admired his grimoire. He stood back up shortly after.

"I'm gonna keep climbing up, even if I don't have any magical powers!" He proclaimed to no one in particular.

Asta picked up his sword again and went back to training.

"One thousand and one!" He yelled once again.

"I'm sure Yuno and Y/n have been training too! I can't lose! One thousand and two!"

For those of you who are wondering what Asta was training for, it's for the Magic Knights Entrance Exam. The three Hage boys only had six months to train themselves and reach the royal capital of the Clover Kingdom before it happened.