Chapter 14: A Hug From An Old Friend.

Spill the beans woohoo! Your journey is never ending in a sad ending, it stays in happy endings<33
_________________________________________

Y/n's POV:

'It's been a month, I've been staying with my mother and getting a part-time job to help around the money debts and the problems. I'd take a break on Saturdays to help clean the house, it's been a while since I've met Nightmare and everyone. I wonder how Ink is right now? He probably must be worried sick!'

I wrote in my diary before jumping out of bed. I can't talk to my mother about this because some parts of her seems a little bit off, but at least I'm glad that I get to confess my feelings to a simple diary.

I sighed and closed the diary and placed it on my drawers, far away hidden where no one can reach, especially my mother. It's a Saturday today and I'd like to garden today, it's a great start but first I'll need to buy groceries because of the low stock of meat and vegetables.

I got up and went to the bathroom sink, washing my face with cold water. After a while, I get out and stretched my arms while approaching the curtain. I opened the curtain and the sweet early sunrise greets before me, I smiled.

I approach my door, gently turning the doorknob and opening it, walking outside with a smile painted on my face. I closed the door while smelling the sweet aroma of pancakes, my mother has her day-off today too! Sweet.

I walk downstairs, my footsteps echoing throughout the stairwell. Smelling the sweet aroma and the birch colored stairs is lovely, especially gone in a very long time that you miss home. I now got down and walked to the kitchen where my mother were held by -

TENTACLES?!

A dark torquiose outline one too. It's too familiar, too familiar! This must be my imagination.. my imagination..! I blinked twice in disbelief but my mother still continues to get choked by the tentacle. I stood frozen like a stone statue.

I panicked and grabbed the nearby knife as I threw it at the tentacle, a scream of agony is overheard outside before my mother is dropped to the ground. I quickly catch her before she hit the ground, her face pale as a chall.

"Y-y/n.. run, lea-leave..!"

Your mother weakly says before shoving you weakly, as much as you wanna carry your mother another problem will cause. Where do I go? A literal destruction is happening outside.

"Bingo."

The same familiar deep voice. Nightmare himself.

"Come on, let's go."

I looked at him terrified. I gulped and the tentacles started charging at me, my instincts are quick and I thank it. I quickly got out of the way and grabbing the nearby knife looking at my pale white mother once again before running off.

I had a few obstacles in my way, his tentacles and the falling buildings. By the time I got away in a forest, I was too tired.

"Come on, princess. Let's go somewhere only we Know."

Nightmare says sadistically as I tripped on a tree branch. He chuckles as I recall the same mistake I had made last time when I was Dream. No. I can't give up, not yet.

I held a tight grip at my knife handle, preparing to cut his tentacles in half. His tentacles charged at me, me being experienced I cut it in half while adjusting myself to get up and run away. He groans in pain.

"YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!"

He yells before gooey puddles started forming in one direction; my direction. Shit. What is that once again that weakens the King of Negativity? That's right. Positivity.

You felt determined and fight the king before you with knife in hand. His face covers in surprise before regaining his composure.

I noticed why, my body is glitching to Dream and my human body. I still think that half of Dream's positivity is inside me, but I guess I found out about it. I noticed a bow forming in a neon light on my hands.

"Come on, y/n. Let's go and forget this all.."

"Not when you're crazy, Nightmare!"

"Huh.. You're the only one that understands me, y/n."

"Go away and find someone else..!"

"I need you.. No, I want you!"

He roars before his tentacles charged at you with full speed, you cut through. You shot one of the arrows at Nightmare, he groaned in pain.

After an hour of battle, Nightmare lost. He doesn't admit his defeat as he is determined to kill and capture me, I spared him countless of times.

"Just kill me."

He says, he finally admits defeat to you ashamed. You chuckle at him and he turns away from you defeated.

You went closer to him as he closes his eyesockets. To his surprise, you hugged him tightly before he melts into the hug sobbing. He hugs you back and for a moment he felt..

Complete now.

_________________________________________

Hello everyone, posting fluff next chapter. It'll be like a relationship so possible Nightmare x Reader ~

Peace out, Laz!

871 words.