Chapter 8

Ben was pacing back and forth across his room at the Falcon as it entered Ajan Kloss' atmosphere. This whole thing was dangerous, and he knew it. As soon as he will step of that ramp, at least fifty blasters will be pointed to his head, but he has to do this. He owes this to his uncle, his mother, and most of all to his father.

A knock on the room's door cut his train of thoughts.

"Ben, are you in there?" Rey's voice rang threw the door.

"Physically yes, mentally is debatable." He replied.

She opened the door, and found him I some of his father's old clothes. "We'll be arriving in a minute or so, I assumed you might want a heads up."

"Thank you." He nodded at her, and started walking out of the room, but stopped as she suddenly grabbed his hand.

"He would've been proud of you."

------------------

General Leia Organa, as well as most of the rebellion watched anxiously as the Falcon landed in the rebel base.

It was odd, feeling her son's presence in the Force so close to her after years she hasn't seen him.

The ramp was lowered to the ground, and Leia felt a rush of adrenaline rushing through her body, but a female Togruta stepped down, a teenager human female following her closely.

"Leia," the Togruta greeted her as she reached her. "My name is Ahsoka Tano. I knew your brother, as well as your father and your mother."

Leia shook her hand.

"This is Bella," Ahsoka introduced the teenager next to her. "She's my Padawan."

"It's an honor, general." Bella nodded towards her with respect.

"Thank you."

Ahsoka and Bella walked away, and Rey walked down. She nodded at Leia, a small smile on her face, and she knew what it meant.

There he was, stepping down that ramp, dressed in his father's old clothes, and Force, he looks exactly like him.

Resistance members' hands rushed to their blasters, and a blaster shot was heard, hitting him straight in the shoulder. He groaned, clutching his shoulder, but continued walking down the ramp.

"Dameron! Stand down!" She yelled, and started walking towards her son.

As she approached him she noticed how he was tearing up, tears slowly dripping down his cheeks, and the moment she reached him, he broke down, falling on his knees, sobbing.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." He kept apologizing, not expecting yet hoping for forgiveness.

The Resistance members hated him, the Resistance's sole purpose was to destroy him and the First Order, but as his mother she couldn't hate him. She knelt down to his level, wrapping her hands around him.

"I know." She whispered, stroking his hair ever so gently. She pulled his face up, whipping the tears away from his cheek. "You're back, that's all that matters."

She smiled at his, and he was able to crack a small smile of his own through the tears.

Leia stood up, and offered her hand to him. "Lets go get your shoulder patched up, shall we?"

He nodded in agreement, and stood up, letting his mother lead him to the infirmary, while Rey joined him, walking by his side, glaring at anyone that was ready to grab their blaster, her hand hovering over her lightsaber.

------------------

Ben sat on a bed in the infirmary as Rey was gathering medical equipment to treat his shoulder.