Chapter 3

If there was something that Ren knew for certain, is that general Hux is an idiot. Obviously you can't just put a blockade around a planet and hope that the people will stay loyal. If you put a blockade around a planet, it's most likely that the people will rebel.

As Ren walked out of the meeting room, he noticed that Sky was still there, probably waiting for Matt to return. The room-like space behind her was sealed, meaning that she finished her job. He felt bad that she had to do all of the work by herself, but he had no choice... Having two different lives at the same time wasn't as easy as he presumed...

He started walking back to his chambers to go back undercover, but someone calling his name stopped him

"Ben!" Sky called his name, and he turned around to see her standing behind him, his gloves in her hand. "Thanks for the gloves, they made the job a lot easier for me, and I assume that you'll want them back now." She continued, and reached her open hand that she held the gloves with towards him, waiting for him to take them.

"Keep them, I can get new ones, and you probably need them more than I do." He replied as he closed her hand into a fist so she was holding the gloves tightly.

"I- uhhh... Thank you..." She thanked him, lost for words.

"Don't mention it." He told her, smiling a true, genuine, smile. It has been years since he last smiled like he did just now, and he missed this feeling, yet he didn't understand why.

"Sky, did you fix the problem with the panel, fix the wires, and rewire the calcinator?" Lina asked her as she worked towards her.

"Yes ma'am." She replied. "It's as good as new."

"Good job." Lina told her. "Supreme leader Ren, this one right here is a good technician. Speaking of technicians, where's Matt? Don't tell me that he left you as soon as you started working."

"Matt went to use the refresher about a minute before you came. He helped me fix everything." Sky lied. Ren made a mental note that she was a good liar, but he was also dumbfounded. Sky lied to make Matt look good in front of himself - the supreme leader, and Lina - the head of the radar technicians.

"Very well. You and your friend are dismissed for the rest of the day." He said. He didn't mind having the rest of the day off, and he didn't mind spending it with Sky.

Lina started walking away, but Sky stood where she was the entire time.

"Aren't you going to go rest?" He asked her. "You deserve it."

"I'll wait for my friend, I don't want to scare him, I told him that I'll wait for him here." She replied. "Either way, I usually can't sleep anyway."

"Go rest, I'll tell him."

"Thank you so much, I highly appreciate it." And with these words, she walked away, so he started walking towards his chambers as well.

He started thinking what he should do now that he was free of his supreme leader duties, as well as his radar technician duties... Perhaps a quick nap won't hurt... Right?

------------------

Rey knew what she had to do now. She quickly walked towards the workers' quarters, and once she arrived, she took the comm-link that she brought with her and left a quick message.

"Leia, I found Ben."

------------------

Ren ran in a snowy forest, chasing something, or someone.

He heard quiet panting in front of him, meaning that the person that he was chasing was getting tired, giving him a slight advantage.

He followed the footsteps on the ground, but suddenly, as he walked past a tree, the trail stopped.

He looked behind him to see Rey badly wounded. At first, he thought that it was a blaster wound, but to his surprise, it was a lightsaber wound.

The world around him darkened, the same way it did when he lost each of his family members.

He started approaching her, but she backed away. He wondered why, but then he realized that he had his mask on, so he removed it and tossed it aside.

He waited for a moment, because he knew that she could feel his concern through the Force, and he knew that she knew that he wouldn't hurt her.

As she gave him an approving nod, he approached her, and scooped her onto his lap.

"Light or dark... Resistance or First Order... Or none... You can't choose all..." She choked out as she wiped a tear that slipped out of his eye.

"W- what do you mean?" He asked her.

She opened her mouth to speak, but it was too late. The air came out of her lungs for the last time, and the hand that rested on his cheek fell to her side.

He wanted to scream, to shout, to destroy the entire planet as well as himself, as he knew that he was the one that was responsible to her death, but he couldn't move.

Every time that he tried to break away from her touch, another wave of sadness would wash over him, and the tears streamed down his face once again.

------------------

"Rey!" He called her name as he woke up, cover in sweat.

He was so relieved that it was just a dream, yet he still wondered – what did she mean by 'none'?