Chapter 7

"What do you mean 'you will do what you were meant to do here'?" Rey asked, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Oh, I assume that Anakin didn't tell you why you came here, did he?" Ahsoka asked them.

"He did tell me..." Ren said, his voice betraying him and cracking.

Rey rolled her eyes. "So now there are favorites."

"I'm not a big fan of favorites either, but I must protest." He crossed his arms.

"Why so?"

"He's my grandfather."

"Oh, I apologize, I wasn't aware."

"Anyway," Ahsoka interrupted them, breaking them apart as he towered over Rey, but she stood her ground, staring at him, fire in her eyes. "Ben, you said you were having these visions, am I right?"

He nodded.

"And you want to stop them from happening, do you?"

"Wait," Rey interrupted. "Is this the same one from-"

"Yes." Ren cut her off, answering both Rey's and Ahsoka's questions.

"So, Rey, that answers your question." Ahsoka said. "Ben, you said you saw pain and death in your visions, correct?"

"Yes." He managed to choke out, avoiding Rey's gaze.

"Usually I would say that you shouldn't mess with faith, but I lost many dear friends to these visions, such as your grandparents, and if I at least help save others from these visions, I will."

"Ahsoka, do you mind giving us a moment?" Rey turned to her, and she nodded, walking away towards her padawan.

"Why?" She asked him, searching his eyes. "Why is it so important for you to save me?"

"We're a dyad in the Force, Rey, Two that are one." He said, looking into her eyes. "Whether you'd like to admit it or not, without the other, both of us are nothing but an empty shell of a person without a soul."

"No," She shook her head. "There's something more to that."

"Nothing that should concern you."

"Given the fact that I am related to this whole situation, this is something that should concern me."

He didn't reply.

"If it includes the whole 'join me' thing," she added, her eyes darkening, "forget it. You would never understand what compassion is. Maybe you can act compassionate, but you aren't. I need no saving. I can take care of myself."

He now towered over her. "Did you ever stop to think that I need to be saved too? That maybe I need saving from myself?"

"I tried to, but you betrayed me!"

"I saved your life, then you shut me out!"

Their faces were now an inch apart, and Rey could feel hiss breath tingling her cheek, and her chest filled with the familiar warm feeling that she used to feel upon the Supremacy, but she was rageful, and she knew she shouldn't, yet she couldn't stop herself.

"Now, if you two are quite finished, master Tano is waiting for you." A voice interrupted, and Ren turned his head to see Bella standing next to them, smirking.

"Yes, of course." Rey hurried to reply.

Bella muttered something quietly, giggling to herself, and he could swear the he heard the word 'baby' being said.

"What?" Ren asked.

"Nothing." She replied, almost two quickly, and ran towards her master.

"This conversation is not over." She spat at him, and followed Bella, Ben closely behind her.

"Are you two ready now?" Ahsoka asked them as soon as they reached them.

"Yes." Rey answered, calmer than she was before.

"During the end of the Clone Wars, after I left the order, Anakin Skywalker started a research, trying to learn how to stop people from dying." Ahsoka said. "It was only when the emperor told him a story about a certain Sith Lord when he discovered how to do it, yet he never succeeded doing it himself."

"With all due respect, I will not use the dark side of the Force, not even to save myself." Rey crossed her arms over her chest.

"Well, lucky for you, you're not the one doing this." Ren scoffed.

"Well, Darth Plaguise was a powerful Sith Lord," Ahsoka hurried to add before Ren and Rey would start fighting again. "He was so powerful, he could transfer the Midichlorians from his body to his loved ones, eventually saving them from dying."

"How would you be able to do that?"

"I do not know," Ahsoka shook her head, rubbing her temple. "I suppose you have to trust the Force."

"Thank you, master Tano, but I afraid I'll be needing to go." Rey nodded to Ahsoka in respect, and walked away in the opposite direction of where he first came from, and Ren noticed his father's junk-heap freighter resting on the dusty ground. He walked towards it, following Rey.

The moment he boarded the ship he felt the nostalgia flooding him. He couldn't see Rey, so he just assumed she went to the cockpit, and he walked towards his old room, where he used to stay when his father allowed him to come with him, smuggling.

If Ren was honest, as a child, he didn't want to be a Jedi, didn't think much about it. He wanted to be a smuggler, just like his father, but his mother and uncle insisted of him learning how to use the Force, so his father didn't have much to do about it.

He opened the door, and found Rey sitting on his old bed, his old blanket wrapped around her body.

"You have a strange relationship with this place." She stated, her back turned to him.

"It used to be my old room, you know." He said. "I used to stay here when my father took me smuggling with him."

She didn't reply.

He sat down on the bed next to her, covering his eyes with his palm. "I didn't want to kill him, but Snoke convinced me that by killing him would make my connection to Dark Side stronger, but ever since then I've been torn apart more than I have ever been before."

She turned her head towards him, her hazel eyes scanning him. She sighed. "I just wish you saw yourself the way I see you..."

"I can't be who you want me to be."

"Before I came to the Supremacy, I made a promise to your mother, that I'll bring you back home, but I cant force you to do it."

He stayed silent for a moment, and Rey thought that she ruined her entire mission, but she wasn't prepared for what he said next.

"I'll come with you."

"You... You will?"

"It's time I stop running from who I am."

Rey's face lit up, and she couldn't help herself as she threw her arms around him, holding him in a tight embrace.

Ben shook his head as he smiled, gently cradling her head, stroking her hair.

As she realized at what start they were in, she quickly pulled away, her face red. "We should get going."

"Yes, of course." He replied, and they both started walking towards the cockpit, but stopped when they saw Ahsoka and Bella sitting next to the Dejarik table, chatting.

"What are you doing here?" Rey asked them.

"Well, it's about time I leave this hole." Ahsoka answered simply. "And besides, I didn't get to meet Leia yet so..."

Ben nodded, and as soon as they reached thecockpit, they started the ship, and the Falcon entered hyperspace, course set to Ajan Kloss.