Chapter 5

Ren stayed up all night.

He wasn't willing to go to sleep for a couple reasons.

The first one was that he had to find the spy. He won't let the First Order fall because of some silly spy.

The second one was that he was afraid. He didn't want to see more dreams, more visions like the one he saw.

He wouldn't let these visions come true. He couldn't let these visions come true. She was his other half; he was nothing but a shell of a man without a soul without her, but she couldn't look at him the way he looked at her, could she?

"Ben..." A voice spoke his name tenderly.

"Who's there?" He asked, looking frantically around him.

"Don't make the same mistakes as I have..."

"Who are you?"

"You can save her, but not through the dark side of the Force..."

"Where are you?"

The voice chuckled. "Right behind you."

Ren turned around to see a tall man with sandy blonde hair, piercing blue eyes dressed in dark Jedi robes, a blue hue surrounding him.

A Force ghost.

"Who are you?"

"I went by many names in my lifetime," he started, his eyes glowing in some sort of nostalgia. "I am your grandfather. Most, as well as you, have known me for the name I had in probably the lowest point in my life – Darth Vader."

"Why was it the lowest point in your life though?" He asked him, searching his eyes for something other than regret. "You were feared, powerful, respected-"

"A monster." His grandfather cut him off, throwing Ren back to that night in the forest on Starkiller, then that Force connection when Rey called him a monster. "Before I turned to the dark side, I went by the name Anakin Skywalker. I served as a general in the grand army of the Republic, I have been trained by master Obi-Wan Kenobi, and trained my own padawan, Ahsoka Tano.

"When the war was about to end, I started seeing visions about the woman I loved, visions similar to the one that you yourself see. They have pain, suffering and death, am I right?"

All that Ren could do was nod.

"I feared that these visions would come true, so I sought help from grandmaster Yoda; he told me to learn to let go of everything that I feared to lose, but I refused to let go, so I turned to the dark side after being convinced by Palpatine that the dark side would give me the power to save her, but, it didn't. She died giving birth to both my children, your mother and uncle, Luke and Leia, with Luke ending up saving me, just as he tried to save you."

"But he tried to kill me! He didn't even believe in me..." Ren protested.

"Now, I don't justify his actions, and while he didn't believe in you, there was someone that still did. Don't lose her."

"But how can I save her when I'm the one that killed her in the vision?"

"Find Ahsoka in the planet of Thabeska, she goes by the name Ashla there. I will not be able to interfere, or give you guidance, but she will be able to help you."

"How do I know I can trust her?"

"There is no one I trust more than her. Looking back, she was smarter than the entire Jedi council, and she always looked for the greater good, even if it meant risking herself."