Chapter 4

Rey took off her contacts and wig, as well as changing her clothes, like she did every night, and thank the Maker, she did it just in time, as she felt a strange feeling, and a moment later, that feeling was replaced by his presence next to her.

At first, she panicked a little, until she realized that he wasn't actually next to her, but they were having another one of their little Force connection sessions, and she thanked the Force that he couldn't see her surroundings, or she would be in quite a bit of trouble.

She turned to look at him, and she didn't know what she expected him to look like at the moment, but whatever she expected him to look like, it wasn't how he looked like.

He sat down, his head buried in his knees, hand holding the back of his head. He kept of whispering to himself "It was just a dream, it was just a dream" over and over again.

Rey was a little shocked. She never saw him like this – so vulnerable, so weak, so sad.

"Ben?" She asked after a moment.

He raised his head as he heard her voice, and she saw his eyes red from crying, his face wet from his tears.

Before she could say anything, he stood up, wrapped his hands around her, holding her close to his chest, and buried his head in her shoulders.

Rey hesitated at first, but then wrapped her own hands around him. Something about this felt a bit odd... They were supposed to be enemies, yet they still had interactions like that.

In addition to that, she never really understood Ben and her's relationship – at one moment, they are enemies, trying their best to kill one another, and at another moments, they are like friends, letting each other see the vulnerable side of themselves.

"I- I'm sorry..." He said as he pulled himself away from her.

"Sorry for what?" She asked. "What happened?"

"It was a dream... And I killed you... You were unarmed... You died in my arms..." He managed to choke out between sobs. "I'm a monster..."

"Ben... Look at me." She said, as she held his face with her palms, giving her no choice but to look at her. "You are not a monster. Not anymore. After all, bad dreams are only dreams. Why killing me scared you so much?" She asked him, but before he could reply, the connection ended.

------------------

What in the world just happened?

Rey have been asking herself that question ever since the Force connection, and now, unfortunately, she had work today, and Matt just had to call in sick today, so she'll have to work alone today, and if she'll see him, it'll only be at lunch time.

An entire day alone. How fun!

She stood up from the table she was sitting next to, and searched for something to fix.

She wandered across the Finalizer, and finally she spotted something to fix in the generals meeting room.

Should she come in? She could get some information, and if the generals will have a meeting and they won't suspect her, maybe she could eavesdrop on the conversation... That could work!

With this decision, she stepped inside, sat next to a panel, and started messing with the wires.

"And who might you be?" A voice behind her asked

Rey turned around to meet the slim, pale face of none other than general Hux.

She stood up to face him, and cursed the fact that she was shorter than him.

"The name's Sky." She placed her hands on her hips. "I'm a radar technician, I was stationed here today to fix and maintain some panels."

"Seems unlikely," he responded. "Given the fact that we have a meeting in a couple minutes."

"Well, I wasn't aware of that, but I have to finish my job if I want to feed my family."

"Well, I think-"

"That's enough." A voice interrupted, and Rey thanked the maker that he exited and came just at the right time.

"She's fine, she can work here during the meeting." Ren told Hux.

"The lower ranks cannot be in the presence of a high rank meeting!" Hux argued.

"And maybe you don't deserve to be a part of the high ranks. I'm sure you'll be more than happy to be a commander, maybe even a captain, general Hugs." Ben argued, and Rey had to try hard not to laugh at his mispronunciation.

With these words he walked away towards a window, leaving Hux's face red.

'Thank you' Rey mouthed Ben.

'No problem' he replied with a nod, and Rey got back to work, silently turning on her com, transmitting Leia every sentence that is said in the upcoming meeting.

Within moments, a bunch of faces that Rey was unfamiliar with entered the room, as well as some faces she recognized, such as general Pryde.

Rey laughed inwardly at the irony of his name. Pryde was full of pride, always acted as if the world spun around him, and much like general Hux; it was obvious that he didn't like Ben very much, and wasn't very fond of Ben being in his position.

If so many people didn't like Ben in his position, it's only a matter of time before they took action.

Why in the galaxy was she worried? They are enemies... right?

She shook her head. She honestly didn't know anymore.

"So, Supreme Leader," Hux spoke the words 'Supreme Leader' with venom dripping from his voice. "What are you planning to do against the Resistance?"

"First of all, you have to find their location. Without it we can't do anything." He replied.

"I suggest that the moment we find them, we'll crush them." It was Pryde's turn to talk. "After the battle of Crait, they don't have the numbers to oppose us."

Without even realizing, Rey finished her work, so she cursed under her breath.

She started thinking, how can she continue listening to the conversation without looking suspicious?

She took her com, made sure that it was turned on, and rolled it under the table; thankfully, no one noticed.

She gathered her stuff, and walked out of the room, but not before she nodded thankfully in Ben's direction.

------------------

Ben walked around the room as he spoke, making plans to finish this war.

He was about to finish the meeting as the generals started standing up, but he noticed a com that was turned on under the table, and probably was recording the entire meeting.

"Stop!" He called all of the generals.

"Someone here is a spy."