𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲

Layla sat on her couch eating a full pack of Oreos as Maverick sat beside her eating chips

Layla sat on her couch eating a full pack of Oreos as Maverick sat beside her eating chips. The both of them were stress eating at the moment, each for different reasons. Layla because she felt as if she was drifting apart from Sam and Maverick because well, Maverick was always stress eating lately.

"Oh my god. What's happening?" Quinn questioned, her eyes widening at the sight of the two on the couch.

"What?" Maverick replied dumbfounded by what Quinn was freaking out over.

"You two are doing the thing again."

"What thing?"

"The thing where you do the same thing at the same time! Your telepathy bond!"

"Isn't that only for twins?" Layla questioned, her brows furrowing.

"Is it not for everyone?" Maverick looked just as confused as Layla did.

"I don't think so, dad. What bubble have you been living in?"

"Clearly not yours if telepathy is only for twins!"

"Ok, ok! We get the point! Both of you. Back to what I was saying. You're both stress eating. I'm a nurse. I can tell. So what's the issue?" Quinn questioned, moving to sit in between both Layla and Maverick.

"Silver." The man mumbled.

"Sam." Layla added soon afterwards.

"Oh my god, you are always having an issue with Sam? When will the suffering end?" Maverick exclaimed.

"The suffering never ends! That's the entire point." Layla shouted.

"Damn. Sounds rough." Maverick snorted as he played with the rings on his fingers. Quinn slapped Mavericks hand causing him to frown and stuff his hands in his hoodie pockets. Quinn proceeded to explain how it wasn't healthy for the both of them to be stress eating and they needed to get out and do something.

"Quinn, baby, no offense, but I do not need to get out of the house. I'm perfectly fine where I'm at." Maverick stated with a nod.

Leilani suddenly appeared out of thin air with a grin on her face. "But if you were to go out, would you—"

"Not driving you to dye your hair, Leilani. Will you give it up? It's giving me grey hairs. I'm only thirty four here. Still a baby."

"You are not a baby. Far from it, old man." Layla commented, a teasing grin forming on her face. Mavericks jaw dropped and he was about to hit back before Quinn grabbed Mavericks jaw, squishing his cheeks together before he could say anything. Layla burst out into laughter at how stupid her dad looked causing Quinn to send her a warning glare. A notification went off on Mavericks phone and he grabbed it, looking to see it was Daniel who needed his help for an emergency operation.

"Duty calls. Gotta make sure LaRusso doesn't die." Maverick said as if it was nothing.

"Alright! Tell LaRusso to Venmo me fifty bucks! He owes me!" Leilani called.