𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵

It had been a couple days since the whole Valley Fest showdown and Sam was still refusing to answer her calls or texts

It had been a couple days since the whole Valley Fest showdown and Sam was still refusing to answer her calls or texts. Layla had decided to just give up, and Sam would respond to her when she was ready. Layla had just hoped it would be soon. Currently she was stretching with Miguel while Kreese was telling Hawk and Aisha one of his famous war stories.

"You gotta understand that Mogadishu in the '90s was a hellhole. Warlords controlled whole swaths of the city. My team and I were in charge of cleaning the place up." Kreese said and Layla rolled her eyes along with Miguel.

"How many warlords did you kill?" Hawk questioned. Of all the questions to ask, that was his most important question? "You keep track of every ant you stomp out?"

Ok what the hell?

Layla scoffed and continued stretching. "Badass." Hawk commented. Kreese continued to talk about his war story and Layla let out a yawn and turned to Miguel. He rolled his eyes at Kreese story. They both really didn't like him.

"They were out gunned. We were out manned. I tell you, Rwanda was no joke." That caused Layla to furrow her brows. She was no dumbass, but didn't he mean Somalia?

"Don't you mean Somalia?" Layla questioned. "Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." Miguel added. Layla crossed her arms over her chest and raised a brow at the man. When he turned towards them Layla gave him a fake smile and a nonchalant shrug.

"Of course, Somalia," Kreese chuckled making Layla roll her eyes yet again. "I spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together you know?" Miguel and Layla glanced at each other before getting in their spots.

"Listen up! I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody fall in. In neat rows and lines. Time to see what you're made of." Sensei started walking around to look at the new recruits. "Sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing." Layla looked to see a chubby man there and she furrowed her brows before facing forwards again. Not the weirdest thing she saw all week. Last night she saw her dad eating ice cream and watching Harry Potter and crying when Dumbledore died. She took a video of it and was probably gonna use it to blackmail him later.

"I'm not a dad. I....I am here to kick some ass, sir!" The man stated. "Do I know you from somewhere?" Sensei questioned. "Oh yeah, the um, I sold you the mirror. We kind of bonded, talked about rock bands." The man explained.

"Look, you're a little old. This is a class for teenagers."

"Well I can take them. I'm not afraid of kids sir. And my mom, she doesn't charge me rent,  so I just.....I got a lot of cash to burn." The man chuckled and Layla snorted and quickly cleared her throat to make it less noticeable. "Yeah. We'll consider this a trial run. I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic. But if you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight. So, which one of you has the balls to take on the champ?" Layla looked around to see who was going to step up.

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆|𝐂𝐎𝐁𝐑𝐀 𝐊𝐀𝐈On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara