Chapter Fifty Four: Love Me Forever Part 2

Start from the beginning

Marcella has the best intentions but she is forgetful and she misplaces things. She is Vee's maid of honor but Maia and Ella planned everything. She just waited to carry out her maid of honor duties. Vee loves Marcella the most.

"Thanks man."

"Right. Your kid wants to talk to you. I swear I don't know the difference. He said it's Juan." He left me and my son walked in right after.

Not many people know Juan took off. This isn't Juan. I know these boys like the back of my hand. I agree to let him pretend to be Juan hoping it's not the biggest mistake of my life. Naturally, the mood between us is tense. He started this. I'm just seeing it through. I can't always be the bigger person. He needs to be the bigger person. It's his turn.

"Well..." I sighed.

"Just uh... I have a gift for you. I got Vee something too but I'll give it to her later... I have..."

"Relax Carlitos." I urged him with a a firm squeeze on his shoulder.

He took a breath. "I haven't done anything wrong. I'm playing Juan really well. Ask Rocco."

"I don't need to ask him. If you fuck up he will tell me. And you know what I'll do? I'll drag that pretty face through gravel."

His eyes got suddenly wide. He loves his face.

The difference between Gian and Juan is that Juan would fire back at me. He never keeps quiet when he feels he has something to say. Gian is not as brave. He's a little timid.

"Yes sir. I'll remember that." He nodded. He extended his hand to offer me a box.

"Thank you." I opened it to see something I didn't expect to see. When he was ten years old,he gave me a gift for father's day. He got three identical blue plastic watches. He gave one to Juan and the other to me. I lost mine. I chuckled softly. "Where did you find it?"

"You know that old leather recliner in your office? I dropped something and lost it in there. I was looking through it when I found the watch."

"Thank you. I'm not going to wear it to the wedding though. Ella will cut my hand off."

"It's okay. Dad, I meant it. I'm sorry for everything and if you give me a chance I'll prove to you that I can step up."

"I'll tell you what I told Nerina. Don't tell me. Show me."

"I will. I promise." He sighed. "Congratulations on your wedding. I hope she makes you happy."

"Thank you. Will you be attending?"

"Juan Carlos would attend. I would too because you have always been there for me and you continue to be."

He made his way out and my eyes stayed with him until he was out of sight. I want to trust Gian but the problem with him is that he does not have a spine. He moves from one opinion to another. He can't seem to make a decision and stick to it.  But I will take his word for it. Let's just hope he will grow a backbone soon.

Vittoria's POV
I'm done.

In a few minutes, my father will walk me down the aisle. But before I marry Marcelle, there's something I'm expected to do. All it needs is my signature but I don't understand why I should sign it. I'm not going to take anything from him should anything happen.

"Does it mean he doesn't trust me?" I asked Marcella.

"No. That is not what a prenup means."

"What does it mean then?" I asked. Marcelle gave it to me and he didn't say anything. That was days ago and I kept it and didn't say anything either.

"Maybe because he was avoiding an awkward conversation. It can be awkward."

"He's avoiding a lot of conversations." I frowned.

She offered me a small fleeting smile. "It's something you can fix after the wedding, right?"

"Si. I won't sign this." I pushed the documents aside. "I know I bring nothing into this marriage but I won't take anything from him. I wouldn't."

"That's not entirely true. You are a billionaire's daughter. A prenup protects both of you in case things change in your marriage. It's not about being poor."

"Did you sign a prenup?"

"No." I answered. "But my dad made Alex sign one." My bridesmaids, her sisters came in. "Guys, did you sign prenups?" She asked them.

"I signed a prenup." Maia answered. Sinclair wasn't joking about it. Daddy also made Pascal sign a prenup."

"He made Naft sign a prenup. I didn't sign one." Maddie added.

"Both Ethan and I signed prenups." Ella told us.

"Julian forced me to sign a prenup." Charlotte spoke up too.

"I signed a prenup." Anna told us.

"I signed one too... " Claire added.

"We didn't sign prenups." Lili informed us.

"Bells, did you sign a prenup?" Marcella asked her.

"I'm Nick's daughter. What do you think?"

"See? It's a tradition in this family to sign prenups."

They are all looking at me.

Marcelle's mother came in looking concerned. She's giving me the jewelry I'll wear today. She is carrying a navy blue case. "Is something the matter girls?"

"Mommy did you sign prenups with all your husbands?" Marcella asked her.

"Yes. I signed with Sinclair. Signed with Nick twice and with Mancini. Why do you ask?" She placed the case on my lap. "What's wrong sweetie?"

"What happens if I don't sign it?"

She let out a deep sigh. "There will be no wedding." She told me with a very serious expression. "Those are the rules. This is our world. We sign prenups." She pushed the paper towards me. "Sign."

Marrying him is more important than this sheet of paper. I have nothing to lose but I have to talk to him about it. I picked up the pen and signed it. "I'll talk to him first. Just now I will talk to him."

"That is fine dear." She smiled at me. "I wore this set when I married Sinclair. You can keep it."

"Why did you not give it to me?" Maia questioned when I opened the case and all jaws dropped at the stunning necklace, earrings and bracelet in the case. Diamonds. These days I own diamonds and it's unbelievable.

"It would have been awkward." She shrugged.

"Who did you gift Mancini's to?" Maia continued to push.

"To Claire."

"Wait... And daddy's? Round one."

"To Annàbella."

"And daddy's round two?"

"I kept it."

"So Reina is the only daughter in law who didn't get your jewels?" Maddie asked.

"Call it gut feeling. Come on girls. Let's go. Signor Tancredi would like a moment with his daughter."

"Marcelle, can you get Marcelle for me?"

"I'll do that."

We really need to talk before the wedding.