Chapter XVII - Standing in a Streetlight

Start from the beginning

"Uwah~ I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry." A soft voice cried, followed by a crash. Lienne snapped her head to look over to the source of noise and saw Tao, Sehun and Jongin standing beside a stall.

Sehun looked pretty annoyed with Tao, since he knocked over a stall of apples.  And Jongin was just being Jongin, as he laughed hard at Tao.

She walked over to them and she could hear their loud conversations already.

"How clumsy can you get? I wish I never came, I wish I stayed home." Sehun grumbled and huffed.

Jongin wiped his tears away, still chuckling softly to himself, "That's what's expected of our Disney Princess!"

"Why are you guys so mean to me." Tao whined, almost on the verge of tears, but his sadness quickly turned to burning anger, "Why don't you help me?"

"You're so embarrassing, go help yourself." Sehun said cruelly with his famous poker-face.

"Hey guys!" Lienne awkwardly said, hopping over rolling apples.

Tao immediately grabbed onto Lienne's arm, "Lienne-ah, help me please." He pleaded.

Sehun almost pushed him to the ground when he shoved him off Lienne, "No one's gonna help you, learn to clean after your mess, you stupid Senior."

"Isn't today a lovely day." Jongin's eyes sparkled which was different to Tao and Sehun's cranky moods,

Lienne eyed him suspiciously, "Aren't you cold?" He was only wearing a loose t-shirt and ripped skinny jeans and he seemed to be comfortable.

"Cold?" He gave her a blank look.

"You know..." Lienne said, "That feeling of icy knives stabbing you a thousand times."

"What's that?"

Lienne opened her mouth to explain more but Sehun stopped her,

"Don't even bother, Lienne." He sighed, "He always thinks he's hot stuff, so 'cold' isn't even in his vocabulary."

Jongin flicked his hair dramatically, "I am hot stuff." Then he lifted his shirt up, showing his well-formed abs, "I'll melt all your so-called 'coldness' away!"

"Put down your shirt, Jongin." Sehun said with threat and menace, aware that at least three girls turned red when they saw Jongin.

Jongin shrugged and put it down, "You're just jealous, Ab-less Sehun."

"Please," Sehun said sassily, even putting one hand on his hip, "I don't want to be a man-whore like you."

"Excuse me-"

"Stop acting like you're three-years-old, guys, you're attracting attention." Tao said with superiority,

They both glared at him, "Look who's talking." Lienne looked over to Tao, who was surrounded by apples,

Their squabble was soon ended when the old lady that owned the Apple Stall waved her arms angrily at them, shouting a string of swear words. Sehun was frozen, Jongin was strangely amused and Tao gasped and clapped his hands over Lienne's ears.

Lienne slapped his hands away though.

They walked away with different expressions on their faces,

"That was funny." Jongin whispered lowly.

"No, it wasn't." Sehun snapped.

"She was a little bit rude." Tao huffed.

Lienne sighed, as if she was dealing with children, "What're you guys doing out here anyways?"

"Well, we decided to have a day out together." Tao chirped.